does anyone find it hard to spend a lot of time with your 4 year old?

im just wanting to play with him, but then i just end it too soon and want to get something done or just do something else... i feel guilty all the time. when hes watching a movie i am like "yay" but i just feel bad...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:40 PM on Nov. 17, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• my 4 almost 5 yr old is my best friend. but i get what your saying its hard to keep up with them and all their energy
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 6:55 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• I was just thinking about this yesterday. I want to play with my 4 year old DS, but when I go to play with him, if it's something I don't like, I really can't give it my all. I've even tried pretending. for his sake. Now, I just try to get him to compromise, and do some things I like more often, like tickling games, art and playing games he likes on the computer. It works sometimes, especially the art, but then I feel bad all over again. For the record though, my son Autistic, and he has issues with obsessing on 1 thing. That 1 thing happens to be Thomas trains, and I can't stand it. I totally understand you though, OP.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 8:07 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• I totally get you! My son is only 3, but I have a hard time playing with him. When he's playing with his daddy, he likes to play rough and have tickle wars and all that, but being 28 weeks pregnant, I can't really do those things. He has so much energy and doesn't want to sit for long periods of time to do things like color or legos or play doh.
    Journey311

Answer by Journey311 at 9:05 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• no, usually i do stuff with him that i can hold the baby if i need to, like coloring, reading a book, or play trains. learn how to multi-task
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 2:31 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• My DD is almost 4 & I have been like this her whole life. I just don't like to play & she loves role playing & it mentally exhaust me. I would don't mind coloring or drawing with her. But usually i will get up from playing to clean or mess on my computer. And I do feel bad about it & say i will do better, but it is hard & especially being a stay at hom mom!
    Anonymous