Whats best for neausea during 1st trimaster pregnacy , please dont tell me the following answers ginger ale, crakers, unisom and b6 or cereal

jwall057

Asked by jwall057 at 7:00 PM on Nov. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Unfortunately there's a lot of self-experimentation that you have to go through to see what works best for you...what's awesome for one woman may be useless for another.

You've already got a lot of great suggestions, that you'll just have to try, so I'll just add on what I haven't seen yet.

1) Frequent high protein snacks and meals - for a lot of women just keeping your stomach constantly digesting something really helps, and proteins take the longest for your body to digest - think meats, dairy, nuts and legumes and go for what sounds the best at the moment.

2) Occasionally there are women who's sickness is aggravated by an electrolyte imbalance so a daily gatorade really helps them.

....and if all else fails, do talk to your doctor. There are level B anti-nausea meds out there.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 8:38 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• your doctor can give you a pill for it call and tell them and they should get you in asap probably even that say
    Anonymous

• Ginger tea
    peppermint tea or candies
    Tums

I actually found eating a high protein meal to decrease my nausea.
    Anonymous

• I found ginger capsules to be the most effective.

Answer by gdiamante at 7:11 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• You should talk to your doctor, I was so sick during my pregnancy that I had to go to the hospital every day for infusion. It is horrible, but helped with the sickness. Talk to your doc.
    Anonymous

• I had to resort to meds to kill the nausia, but the only time I could keep food down was when I mixed a little bit of applesauce with rice warm milk and a very small amount of cinnamon. Those three in combo will give you all the nutrition you need if you can keep it down. Eat small amounts slowly. I would spend as much as an hour eating 1/2 a cup of food.
    jrsjrb

Answer by jrsjrb at 7:19 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• Popcicles did it for me. I was sooo sick the first four months and everyday I'd have to get up and eat a popcicle so I wouldn't throw up.
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 7:30 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• for me nothing work. i was sick all 9 mts with both kids. but your doctor can prescribed medecine
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 7:46 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• Sour stuff, like lemon(ade)
    chicken noodle soup
    ramen noodles
    minty gum
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 7:54 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• my morning sickness is bad this preg and the only thing that seems to work for me is peppermint tea with a little honey
    neonangel2188

Answer by neonangel2188 at 8:07 PM on Nov. 17, 2009