WOULD U BE MAD...

hey ladies
is it ever okay your day care provider feeds you child toast for dinner?

kristalsfirst

Asked by kristalsfirst at 7:05 PM on Nov. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Uhm.. if my DD was sick or something, or even if it is occasional, maybe she didn't have ingredients or something, no I wouldn't be mad. But if that is a normal thing then you need to find a new day care.
    Anonymous

• The way I see it is your day care should be doing for your child the same things you would be doing for your child at home. So, if you would never feed your child toast for dinner, then your day care shouldn't be, either. Personally, I have fed my DD toast for dinner.. not toast alone, but toast none-the-less.. LOL
    Tiera12

Answer by Tiera12 at 7:09 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• Toast? As a meal? Not acceptable. I expect a meal to have protein, dairy, fruit and veggie and a grain/carb.
    Anonymous

• If its an everyday occurence, find a new day care provider. I'd be peeved if all my son was getting for dinner was toast.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 7:13 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• My son eats just toast sometimes for breakfast *shrugs* better then nothing
    Anonymous

• While I agree its upsetting, the thing is if you plan to put your child in public school, its about the same as what they get for lunch. Seriously our district fed my kids main dishes like these: A Pretzel with cheese, Fritos with Chili, Corn dogs, Mozzarella sticks with sauce. I was appalled and started packing their lunch, sorry I don't think Carnival Food is good for lunch.

Anonymous

• It's not a bad thing, I guess you'll have to give more info on this one.

1. Unless ur child is picky and did not want what they had at the moment

2. Maybe ur child was crying up a storm and they did everything the could to calm ur child down.

3.The child saw toast and wanted bad.

Idk what to make of this so please elaborate...thanks
    Anonymous

• Ugh nope toast isnt a meal for dinner. If the child is sick and does not want to eat they get toast. i even eat toast too when im sick. But its not a damn meal. yes i would be mad. looks like its time to find a new day care.
    Anonymous

• hey Kristal, what happened?? Toast as a meal NO WAY! toast as a snack ok. But I have feed Juliet bread with peanut butter and fruit for a meal..
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 7:36 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• The only way I'd be mad about it is if they were given nothing but dry toast, and/or if it was given to my kids while the rest of them had something else. Do you know the whole story surrounding why it happened? If not, then YOU can't be mad either. I wouldn't be mad without knowing the whole story.
    Anonymous