i have a 19 month old and he is a very picky eater sometimes we use baby food and i'm tired of buying it..any suggestions

he was a very colicky baby

cassieg2775

Asked by cassieg2775 at 7:16 PM on Nov. 17, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I had a VERY colicky child and he was also a choker so we started solids later than some parents tend to, starting most at 12 months, but about 15 months I stopped buying baby food all together, I had to get a bit creative and really cut or blend carrots or broccoli in soups or fruits in oatmeal, however, I've also never given him options. He eats what we eat. period. or he goes in his room and crys til he's ready to eat. he doesn't have to eat it all, but he has to try it - he is a gagger and choker so I'd never make him eat anything that he'd do that to, but I need him to try to eat it. he's only 2 - just turned 2 last week so I know he might not "get it" but being he never really had options either, he doesn't pitch too big of a fit, however he does have texture issues with foods so it can be difficult, but I found he loves to dip so that helps! like with ketchup or dressing
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 10:29 PM on Nov. 17, 2009