Did anyone get the H1N1??

If you didnt do you know anyone that did??? Did they get sick??? were they young or old? Are you getting it??? Just curious. I was wondering if there were any side effects as well...

rosesrred1

Asked by rosesrred1 at 7:18 PM on Nov. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My little sister got it, she's 9 years old and asthmatic and thats probably why she got it.
    Hali_Taylor

Answer by Hali_Taylor at 7:21 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• Oh, you mean the vaccine. I thought this was a question about the h1n1 virus because my little sister and 2 of my nieces and my nephew had it. It wasn't that bad on them though, after they went to the doctor they were better in a couple of days.
    Anonymous

• my son had it so they said. I don't think he did. He had a fever on and off for about two weeks, alittle coughing and sneezing. My husband and I both got really sick after my son "had it" we had no engery, couldn't breath, sleeping all the time, hacking nasty looking stuff up, headache, on off fever, and so on.. The doctors here don't test for it, so we really don't know if we had it or not, also baby was really sick with a cold thing for about three weeks too.
    As far as the shots, the baby got hers(has to get two), my boys are on the waiting list and if hubby and I can get them we will.
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 7:34 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• If you mean the vaccine..yes. My husbands coworkers daughter (4yr) got the nasal spray or whatever it is and got H1N1 soon afterwards. She was taken to the hospital and taken care of so she's okay now. I'm not getting it; I'm pregnant and have a 3yr and husband as well, they aren't getting it either.
    heartfrommyson

Answer by heartfrommyson at 8:19 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• My boys and I did, at least I was told we did. Well, actually, she said I was fighting it off and got an upper resp. infx. My oldest also had strep throat, so he was sick for almost 2 weeks. My younger son came home with a fever and body aches. I took him to the doctor that night, and he was given tamiflu. He missed 3 days of school. He felt better before the fever went away though. My daughter and husband didn't get it though. We all (me and the kids) got the vax. We got both flu vax. We didn't have any side effects for the vax. Actually, the H1N1 vax is the ONLY shot I didn't feel. I was surprised. We got them last Friday, and so far, so good.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 8:20 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• Yup, the girls got them. And soon as I can I will. My girls are 2 and 4. So my youngest got the shot and the oldest got the nasal spray. All are just fine, no side effects. We got a cold, but I think that was from the drizzle and being outside in the cold with a bunch of other preschool families. H1N1 was made like all other flu shots and carries the same risk as the others. My girls are getting the second dose in the next few weeks. I will feel better about our cross country plane ride after that.

DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 8:22 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• My 3 yr old got the mist a week ago an he is fine no side affects
    mommyof2boysmd

Answer by mommyof2boysmd at 10:43 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• both me and SO got it a week or so ago (the vaccine) and so far so good. they really suggested that i get it since DS is to young to get it himself and im ebf so he'll get it through me
    Jessie1689

Answer by Jessie1689 at 5:48 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• They had so few available in our area that hardly anyone has had a chance to get it. The virus strain takes so long to grow, which is why it isn't so widely available all the time. It is also why it wasn't mixed with the regular flu shot as it would have been if they had enough of the virus to go along with it.
    My granddaughter got a flu shot at her 9 month visit and only had a low-grade fever the day of and has felt fine since.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 6:24 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• Im not sure yet.....
    rosesrred1

Answer by rosesrred1 at 10:31 PM on Nov. 19, 2009