How early did you feel your little one move when you were pregnant?

I'm 11 weeks pregnant. Next week will be my 12th week... Occasionally over the past two weeks I've wondered if I felt the baby move. Granted it's only a flutter.... This is my second pregnancy and with my son I didn't feel him till around 5 month. So I was wondering how quickly you felt yours and if you've had two or more if you felt the others any sooner than the first... Thanks for all your help! You laces are amazing!!
-An excited and expectant mom :D

TrulyBlessed111

Asked by TrulyBlessed111 at 7:20 PM on Nov. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• 8 weeks pregnancy. with both my two kids and now with this baby. All that flutering and very small tiny kicks are the baby. even mymidwife has said she has felt her kids as early as 8 weeks and no it isnt GAS.
    aeroslove

Answer by aeroslove at 7:23 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• i was 18 weeks when i REALLY felt my baby. i thought i had felt him before, but i was sure at 18 weeks.
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 7:27 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• 16 weeks with dd..and this time I've been the same as you. Felt like one flutter at nine weeks, a few more at ten, pretty consistent at 11, and now more pronounced at 13. Everyone says it's too soon...but once you've felt it before, you KNOW it's not gas. It's a very different feeling when you know what you are looking for. PLus, I read that at 12 weeks, if you poke ur belly a little bit the baby can feel you and might wake up and start wiggling. So I figured that if what I was feeling actually WAS the baby, then nudging it a little might help me prove that. I tried it, and it worked! A few seconds after nudging my lower belly, I felt the little flutters in there. Good luck!
    ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 7:39 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• This is slightly off subject...but does anybody wonder how they do the studies saying "difinitively" when a mother can feel her baby move? Obviously, they can't get inside a hundred mom's bodies to say "Yes, this is still too small to feel...so it's big enough at this week through this week"...so obviously it must have been done through surveys and such to see when most women feel it...so how can they tell us we DON'T feel it? They have no way to actually say NO babies are strong enough or positioned the right way to be felt earlier. They have an average...that's it. It just annoys me when people tell me what I'M feeling and say I'm wrong because it's not "average"...sorry. Lol
    ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 7:41 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• haha wow 8 weeks there arent any feet!!! crazy women i felt my son about 21 weeks but im now 26 weeks an he has started to show more of a pattern of awake time an play time
    ohmama213

Answer by ohmama213 at 8:15 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• 14 weeks but it was not like kicks or anything it was the fluttering from his movements,
    Casteel_chick

Answer by Casteel_chick at 1:36 AM on Nov. 18, 2009