Does anybody have any good crafts, out of household recycleable goods,for seven year olds.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:21 PM on Nov. 17, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Pick up a "Pac-of-fun" Magazine. They have great crafts mostly out of recycleables.
    Anonymous

• Well here is what we are currently doing....I saved pickle jars, mayo jars, yogurt containers. This holiday, we are going to decorate them and fill them with homemade bath fizzies from MarthaStewart website to put in the jars. I figured we can use ice trays or platic easter eggs to mold the fizzies instead of buying all that stuff.

Also google 3D paper stars....so pretty. We are using colored paper that school sends notes home on or hey use homework papers!.....I know, I save way to much junk! lol Have fun!
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 10:56 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• Mine loved this one (from enchantedlearning.com)

Get a paper towel roll
    Get some dry beans, or rice, or popcorn kernals
    You also need some foil and construction paper, glue, and paint and/or stickers

Have your child decorate the tube - let it dry a day or so if it gets painted.
    Then glue a circle of construction paper over one end of the tube (just cut the circle a bit bigger than the tube's diameter, and cut slits into the circle about 1/2 inch so it wil fold up to be glued. You may also want to use rubber bands to secure this in place after it's glued.
    Once the glue is dry take a big piece of foil and kind of roll it into a tight tube. You then wrap it around your finger to twist it like a spring, then pull on both ends to stretch it out a big. Do this twice so you have two of these little boogers.
    Put the springs into the paper towel tube. Add about 1/4 to 1/2 cup of the rice or beans or kernals.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:24 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• (continued)

Glue another circle of construction paper on the open end of the tube (secure with rubber bands)

Now you hold it upside down - A rain stick!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:25 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• Woo boy - a TON of things. What did you have in mind?
    Honestly though - I do a summer craft class with 20 kids and their FAVORITE craft is when I put out a ton of recycled items, glue and tape and let them loose. No structure just "make something". Make sure to include strange stuff: clean q-tips, cut up sponges, spools from thread or ribbon, tooth picks, tissue boxes, etc.
    auroragold

Answer by auroragold at 2:58 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• I have so many in mind we do. so will give you a few. we make wall hangings from CD's we get in the mail, we decorate and add a ribbon for hanging. we love to paint rocks since they are around the house already. great for holiday painting. we also love to use soda lids for painting on for suncatchers. or how about turning a water bottle into a great container for holiding things. find pictures from magazines and create your own paper dolls. have lots more. hope this helps.
    Bizmom
    Bizmom

Answer by Bizmom at 2:18 AM on Jan. 2, 2010