30th Anniversary

Its my parents' 30th anniversary today... I am in awe that they have been through so much together. I was just wondering, have any of you been married 30 years or more? And for those of you who haven't, do you think, truthfully, that you will make it there?

Iskkra

Asked by Iskkra at 7:28 PM on Nov. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I like to change this up,..so nope..
    Just kidding. I hope so :)
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 7:29 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• Congratulations on your parent's anniversary! I"ve been married for 21 years and my DH promised me at least 50 years, so yeah, I think we'll get there! ;0)
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 7:40 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• I was married 30 years this past May. Being married is one of the easiest things I have done in my life. We just treat each other with respect, trust and kindness. Neither of us tries to control the other. I remember he had a mom and that wasn't me, and he remembers I have and dad who isn't him, so we don't tell each other what to do. We don't demand the other do things. We request and say please and thank you. If one says no, then ok. He doesn't have to call and check in, but he does. Same with me. We don't fight. We don't call each other names or curse at each other when mad. We talk, say sorry, and go on with our day. Raising children proved to be more frustrating than being married ever has.

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 7:40 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• It will be 40 years for me in 2010. It feels more like about 15, I'd say. LOL! I think I was just really lucky with my husband. He is such a nice guy. A hard worker. He's stuck by me through some really rough times.

Answer by Bmat at 8:23 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• We've been together 11, and I easily see us getting to 30 and beyond. However, my parents divorced after 29, so you just never know. I hope I have learned from their mistakes.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 8:35 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• I don't know anyone who has been married that long, but I think it is awesome for your parents!
    Our 30th anniversary will be December 5, 2022. I'll be 55 years old and DH will be 54.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 6:20 AM on Nov. 18, 2009