What does this mean when your child's eyes looked kind of sunken in?

He is 8 yrs. old and just got over being sick flu/allergies whatever it is anyway he is doing much better...but why does his eyes look like this the bottom of them we get circles under our eyes but his look slightly sunken I just noticed today. He ate really good tonight and he is being his self so tell me please what do you think it is. He sleeps good too. Worried?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:36 PM on Nov. 17, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• My doctor said that was a symptom of allergies. The sick eyes? Where you look at them and they look like they should be on the Addams family? (No offense, my kids get that too.) The dark circles and sunken eyes. It could also be dehydration. :) I am glad he is feeling better, but he is probably not completely well. :(
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 7:38 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• I looked it up and the symptom that seemed to fit was prolonged illness. :( Poor thing.
    http://www.wrongdiagnosis.com/symptoms/sunken_eyes/causes.htm
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 7:40 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• My first thought is he may be dehydrated. Just make sure he is getting plenty of fluids. I would call your doctor if things don't improve in a day or two. But it sounds like he is on the road to recovery!!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 7:40 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• Dehydration is my thought, too. Plenty of fluids would be a good idea, of course. That he is getting over being sick makes me think it is not something to worry about, but as Micheledo said, in a few days it might be worth at least calling the doctor's office and asking.

Answer by Bmat at 7:42 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• I would think dehydrated. My first thought as well, especially since he just got over being sick. Many people tend to get dehydrated when they are sick so I would enforce liquids. Hope he gets better.
    heartfrommyson

Answer by heartfrommyson at 8:11 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• My sister has Grave's Disease and has sunken eyes but I think 8 years old is too young. Although, I could be wrong
    msfila1980

Answer by msfila1980 at 8:25 PM on Nov. 17, 2009