Should i be worried?

Im 23yo there is breast cancer in my family... I have been getting pain in my left breast for awhile now and lately i have been getting sharp pain in my left nipple it is a very sharp pain.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:40 PM on Nov. 17, 2009 in Health

• have a breast exam and it never hurts to get a mammogram if ur worried
    aidensmama8

Answer by aidensmama8 at 7:44 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• I suspect that pain in the breast does not indicate cancer. You should be doing a monthly self exam. Get to know your breasts so an unusual lump would be noticed. So I'd say don't worry, but it would be a good idea to get checked just in case. Call your gyn and go in, and be sure to bring up the family history and your fears. Good luck! I wonder if you'd post a follow up so we know how you are?

Answer by Bmat at 7:50 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• I would be more concerned for heart issues. That was my only pain and now they are saying something is wrong with my heart. THEY DON'T KNOW WHAT, so don't freak....but I think it is worth getting it checked.
    Anonymous

• You know your body best....please get it checked for reassurance.
    Amberoz

Answer by Amberoz at 8:03 PM on Nov. 20, 2009