How old is to old for a brother and sister to share a room?

How old do you think is to old for a brother and sister to share a room?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:59 PM on Nov. 17, 2009 in General Parenting

• When one hits puberty I think thats where Id draw the line
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 8:01 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• Yeah teens wouldn't work out; I don't think so anyways.
    heartfrommyson

Answer by heartfrommyson at 8:06 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• I agree with Steph319.
    Anonymous

• i think that once one of them turns 5 yrs. old is a good time to separate them. ...my dad had me and my brother sharing a room longer than that and we both hated it!
    excited2bemommy

Answer by excited2bemommy at 8:08 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• I think under 5-years old.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 8:09 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• By law in my state opposite sexed siblings cannot share a room when the oldest turns 5. The room may be divided to allow for private dressing space. We learned this when we took custody of our grandchildren from a different state.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 8:32 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• um...when one gets grossed out by the other.....ex: MOM, Timmy is NAKED!!!!
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 8:34 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• Don't think that there is a right age. I guess when they feel that it's not right. My sister always gave me a hard time because my oldest 2 used to share a room. My son was 6 when they stopped but that was only cause we had another baby and one on the way. They loved sharing a room. I never understood why people think that there is something inappropriate about siblings that are boy/girl sharing a room or bathing together when they are young. They are not dating they are brother and sister.

Anonymous

• When the oldest turns 5. In Wisconsin, that is the law.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:59 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• Probably when they are teens. My older 3 kids share a room. 9yo girl, 8yo boy and a 7yo girl. they've been sharing a room on purpose for the last 2 years. Before that my son would sneak into the girls' room every night and sleep on the floor by their beds (from the time he was 3 until we moved them all in together when he was almost 6).
    He's just now starting to mention he might want his own room. He'll eventually switch with his little sister who is 3 1/2 and has her own room.
    It doesn't seem to bother them that they share a room. They are all very close. He's got his side, the girls have their side.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 10:03 PM on Nov. 17, 2009