Cramp with stretching??

I was laying down and stretched my legs out and when i relaxed my abdomine got a cramp in it, it worried me because every day when i go to use my baby heart monitor thats exactly where i find it... it only lasted a minute or so and a couple minutes later i checked for the heart beat and i found it. Should i be worried or am i just freaking out for nothing.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:03 PM on Nov. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I say freaking over nothing...but I'm not a doctor...I just think I know everything! lol
    heartfrommyson

Answer by heartfrommyson at 8:05 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• absolutaly nothing to be worried about those are your ligaments mine do the same thing but im 26 weeks as long as you have no bending over pain an no bleeding you an your baby are ok just round ligaments an cervixs stretching!
    ohmama213

Answer by ohmama213 at 8:06 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• It was probably just round ligament pain. Any time I stretch or twist, I get a cramp in my belly. It's very common. It's caused by the round ligaments that hold your uterus in place in your abdomen getting stretched out.

I've learned that if I'm lying down, I can forget about coughing, laughing, sneezing, etc. It hurts so bad!

If it continues to bother you, ask your OB/MW.
    kestrelscall

Answer by kestrelscall at 8:09 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• i wouldn't worry about it. cramping and ab pains are pretty normal all throughout. i'm 18 weeks and cramping right this second. lovely.
    xxluvya

Answer by xxluvya at 11:07 PM on Nov. 17, 2009