If I have swine flu should I go to the ER?

Temp is 101.9 keeps rising every 45 minutes.....Shaking uncontrollably...severe diarrhea....coughing so bad im gagging or throwing up a little...idk if ur supposed to wait to go to the reg doc for this or its an ER thing...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:11 PM on Nov. 17, 2009 in Health

• Um, i would say if it is emerging very quickly go to the ER for Tamiflu.
    Anonymous

• If you have an urgent care center in your area that's where I'd go. If you can reach your doctor, call and ask. Or call the ER and ask. Good luck. I hope you feel better soon.

Answer by Bmat at 8:14 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• Go to the ER now! The ones who die are the ones who don't get treated soon.
    Anonymous

• you only want to go to the ER if dehydrated. The shaking could be because of the fever.

But you know your body so do what you think it best. You might be able to call and talk to a nurse.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 8:17 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• You're not going to die from swine flu unless you have a severe illness already...

I'd wait it out because chances are they won't do much as far as treatment is concerned.. Keep yourself hydrated and rest as much as you can. 101.9 isn't really that high of a fever.
    AngeLnChainZ

Answer by AngeLnChainZ at 8:19 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• We never used Tamiflu and you are not going to die if you don't see a doctor.
    People who have died have had respiratory problems, before they got sick.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 8:19 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• temp just got to 102.... i just dont wanna waste anyones time lol. and i hate the ER. Man...
    Anonymous

• Most dr's advise that unless you have a serious respiratory illness to wait it out and not go into the ER or dr's office as you're only going to infect others in the process. I'd just wait and call your regular doctor in the morning and see what they think.
    AngeLnChainZ

Answer by AngeLnChainZ at 8:23 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• We had the swine flu and I must say, I felt like I was dying and wanted so bad for it to be over. But there IS a light at the end of the tunnel. My advice is to not go to the ER, get comfortable, and have someone completely take care of you kids so you can rest. Drink water, and sleep.

You will be better in a day or so.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 8:25 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• OP- Thanks! Ill stick it out.
    Anonymous