How quickly do you fall in love?

What's the shortest and logest amount of time it's taken you to fall in love with someone?

Just curious. My shortest was a few weeks. We got married, still are. Longest was a couple of years. It didn't last long at all, though.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:12 PM on Nov. 17, 2009 in Relationships

• I think it depends on how open and honest BOTH people are! I've known couples who dated for YEARS who knew very little about each other and what made the "tick," and I've known couples who dated for WEEKS, and knoew everything about each other--including being able to finish one anothers sentences!

Communication is critical to any relationship. Some couples don't communicate easily, and can therefore not "click" for a while, others click instantly and their relationship becomes a whirlwind of sorts.

I'm in the latter group. I met my now husband on match.com 10 years ago. We've been married for over 9 years (engaged after dating for 5 months). I think when you know precisely what you do/don't want in a man, you cut to the chase, and don't waste time "hoping and waiting" for the day when you fall in love--it just happens! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:05 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• Shortest was first time I saw him, and it was my ex-husband. So that didn't work out too well. lol

Longest....probably about a yr. And I don't know that it took that long to actually fall in love, I think it was more that it was gradual and it was at about the 1 yr mark that I realized it.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 8:15 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• By the time my husband and I had been dating 3 weeks we were already saying things like "when we get married.." "how many kids do you want after we're married" I don't think either of us realized it so much at the time. We just knew it was right. We've been married 28 yrs , together 31 in Feb.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 8:27 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• I've only been "in love" once. and that's with my husband. it took us the first day to realize we were right for each other. we're crazy about eachother. =)
    carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 9:32 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• It was after 3 days. It was weird b/c I dreamed about him before I met him. lol I dreamed i was in the super market buying baby food w/ someone who was of a lighter complexion. I couldn't see a face, just a figure. And the number 3 stood out.3 wks later i met DH, after 3 days fell in love, 3rd month 2gether found out we were preggers, on our third yr together our relationship/love was tested and it passed. I just feel like we were destined to be. That was the quickest time i fell in love, I don't think I've ever been in love before though. All other times it just was...after a certain time you think you're suppose to say i love you, i knew from the start I loved DH.
    Anonymous