I know it's a dumb question but since I don't smoke, I wouldn't know. Where can I buy an ashtray?

Can you buy it at Walmart or even Target? And where would they be located at since I don't want to take a whole lot of time looking for one? I have family members coming who are smokers and when they are here, they smoke outside, but I hate having butts and ashes all over my back stoop.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:22 PM on Nov. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• At Wal-Mart it's somewhere in the Home section. You can get some at any dollar store too, I believe.

I haven't smoked in years so I can't give you specifics. Sorry!
    Anonymous

• you can buy them at walmart look buy  were they sell the cigarettes

jen699

Answer by jen699 at 8:26 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• I wouldn't waste too much money on one. If a used nut can won't work, try a goodwill or flea market.
    Anonymous

• Dollar store!
    Anonymous

• If you use an old coffee can or something like that, you can put the lid on it and toss it afterward, and you won't need to clean it out, ever.

Answer by Bmat at 8:32 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• I'd just get a coffee can and put some sand or gravel in it and ask them to put their butts in there. You can find them at the grocery store in the kitchen wares isle also though. They're harder to come by these days since fewer and fewer people smoke.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 8:33 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• Put some small rocks or sand in the coffee can if that's the route you take..
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 8:59 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• walmart has them. they used to be where the plates and spatulas are. If you want to save a few bucks use a soda can with a little water at the bottom and toss when done.
    Anonymous

• OP here: The coffee can sounds such a great idea! But unfortunately I don't have any. Hmmmm....maybe I can just use a small veggy can or something.
    Anonymous

• Back when I smoked I just used an old can with half an inch of water in the bottom to put the butts out when I dropped them in.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 9:14 PM on Nov. 17, 2009