My 2 year old has maybe 3 or 4 canker like sores in his mouth ( under his tounge ) won'e eat much and they are hurting him . I've no clue .

I'd noticed that he has been rather fussy and he is actually cutting a tooth , he kept showing me his mouth today and then I looked at his tounge and their are like 2 sores white looking on his tounge then another under his tounge / he is ( very ) fussy I'm guessing becuase it hurts and a low low grade fever for a day or so like 99.4 99.8 now it's gone / sleeping ok and diapers have been a little runny like maybe from teething . I'm 41 and I've other children but I've just never noticed canker like sores in the others mouths .
Thanks in advance for any advice or help .

Tonya / Brooklet Georgia Mom

brookletgamommy

Asked by brookletgamommy at 8:59 PM on Nov. 17, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• sounds like it could be hand foot mouth (coxsackies virus)

Anonymous

• could you get him to swish warm salt water around in his mouth? Do you let him rinse his mouth out after he brushes? Because you could let him do the warm salt water that same way. I think you should call his doc or take him tomorrow because I'm not sure what else you could do and I know that's hurting him. I would give him bland things to eat but wouldn't make him if it hurts. Push fluids though, perhaps danimals yogurt drinks would be good if he's not eating.
    heartfrommyson

Answer by heartfrommyson at 9:05 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• Lysine helps with that. :)
    Anonymous

• That sounds exactly like Hand Foot and Mouth disease. Not a big deal and it will run it's course. My son had it and the doctor didn't even need to see him. He actually had it twice, which is rare, but the second time he had it he only had the blisters in his mouth. You can check your LO's hands and feet (maybe even diaper area) and see if there is a small rash. Again, there isn't anything they give you for the rash, but it could help you clarify if that is what he has.
    Glowing4Caleb

Answer by Glowing4Caleb at 11:11 AM on Nov. 18, 2009