i'm affraid that i am pregant and my one year old is going to have a fit

i have inly one child and might be having another my son has been the only child for one year and i'm afrraid that he is not going to like it if i have a another i would treat them the same and all i just would like to know if i am does it get easier or harder for my son and husband

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:07 PM on Nov. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I'm actually afraid of the same thing. But having more than one is definitely going to be harder. Just IF you are..teach your son that a new baby is coming and to be all excited about it. He might catch on. But he might be happy when they baby comes because he will have a playmate.
    Anonymous

• Don't treat it as something bad when you tell your one year old. Let him know it's a good thing and that he'll be a big brother and it will be lots of fun. Approaching the situation with a smile on your face is just as contagious as a frown, if you know what I mean.
    Anonymous

• I have two and I can tell you that you love them both the same but in different ways...b/c they are different people.

The first post was right, your son will feed off of whatever energy you put out there for him.....If you act concerned or worried he will be....if you act excited and happy...he will be.

Kiddos pick up on EVERYTHING....so let yourself get excited and quit playing what ifs.......

Having two is different...but great !!! ;)
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 9:13 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• My kids are 19 months apart. My first was a little jealous when my second came home, she wanted to be held and rocked all the time and wanted my attention when I was nursing. I just made sure that when baby was sleeping she got all my attention. Also she had a basket of new toys she could only play with when I was doing something with the baby-so then the baby meant new toys and not mommy not paying attention to her. Within about 6 weeks of my second coming home my first didn't even remember a time before the new baby.
    Carajust

Answer by Carajust at 9:14 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• All kids handly things differently. I am afraid to have an nother one becaouse I am afraid my 14 month old will wake the baby in the head with a toy! Seriously he is a rotten little boy! Just know that LOTS of couples go through this and make it through! You won't be the only one :o) Good luck to you and your family !
    smarie1011

Answer by smarie1011 at 9:17 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• My two are 22 months apart. My son was fourteen months old when we found out we were having another baby. Honestly, he had absolutely no clue what was going on until well into my 3rd trimester. He really didn't understand until we brought his sister home - and then he pitched a fit because he thought we were going to leave her in the car!
    eema.gray

Answer by eema.gray at 9:25 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• Try what my cousin did . She has a 1 yr old , and a 1 week old ,but when she was pregnant she had her daughter point to her stomach and say baby . and she role played with a doll and now ,her daughter is overprotective and she was kinda spoiled and didnt like people much .now she friendlier and she plays fair
    So-N-lve

Answer by So-N-lve at 9:38 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• what i did for my boys and it worked GREAT! was i got them a baby of their own and a little chair and anytime i did something with the new baby and they would seem to get jealous i would ask them well where is your baby and we would do the same things! I got one of the water babies so they could give them a bath too and i will do the same in january when this baby comes!
    Oh and the pointing to the belly thing too. My youngest is going to be 2 in december and he is always rubbing my belly saying baby and kissing my belly
    mommy-

Answer by mommy- at 10:48 PM on Nov. 17, 2009