Baby Food Do you make it or buy it?

do you make your own baby food or buy it and why?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:20 PM on Nov. 17, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I buy it and mash what I have. If it's banana, I'll mash up a fresh one. Other things, I just buy. I don't have the time or patience to make my own baby food.
    jlry_ldy

Answer by jlry_ldy at 9:23 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• i did both, but I made most of it. buying premade food can come in handy if you're in a rush or on the go, but making your own food is cheaper and healthier! you can buy a bunch of sweet potatoes, for example, steam them, puree them, and pour the puree in ice cubes, let them freeze, pop them out and put in a freezer bag. one cube is about 1.5 servings, a perfect serving for a beginner at one meal. and it can last in the freezer for up to 1 month. or you can simply mash up a ripe banana and serve. bananas also make great first time finger foods! check out www.wholesomebabyfoods.com !
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 9:25 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• Make it. It's cheaper and healthier.
    Anonymous

• I buy occasionally when there is a good sale and I have coupons. The store bought is great for traveling. It is SO much cheaper to make it yourself and (at least compared to my friends kids who ate from a jar) my kids all started eated table food pretty early. I could just mash what we ate for dinner and the kids didn't mind the texture. Jars of food are pureed so smooth and thin!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 9:37 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• I tried making my first child's baby food because it's fresher and should be healthier than jarred food, but he wouldn't eat it. It was frustrating going to all that effort to have him refuse it. His pediatritian suggested jarred baby food because she thought he might like the texture better. He still wasn't a great eater, but he ate it better and it was definately easier.
    After all that I just did jarred baby food for my second, although she was a much better eater and would eat anything. I had a little baby food grinder that I put some things in, like bananas or other soft food that I was eating but for the most part she just had jarred baby food.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 11:00 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• I make it. Homemade food has more nutrients because jarred food gets heated to such high temperatures for preserving that it kills all the good stuff plus homemade baby food is not watered down,so your baby tastes the actual flavor of fresh food not processed.
    mamaluv19

Answer by mamaluv19 at 12:02 AM on Nov. 18, 2009