35 pounds

my 16month baby weighs 35 pounds he doesn't look fat just thick. What do you think? the doc says he is 5 pounds over weight for his height should I worry?

beautiful2257

Asked by beautiful2257 at 9:32 PM on Nov. 17, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• No he's still growing and could take a growth spurt at any time and grow taller. It's not a big deal right now
    Anonymous

• Your poor arms!! =) If the doctor's not worried, I wouldn't be!
    Anonymous

• just keep feeding him healthy stuff and make sure he's active, he'll be fine
    Anonymous

• I just took my daughter to WIC the other day and she weighed 32lbs and 32 inches long shes 17 months...and they were saying a bunch of crap about how shes overweight...i mean she is a lil chunkie but i never listen to them cuz she had to go to her doctor the other day and they weigh her all the time..and the dr. never said anything about it.. So just do what u do..don't worry about it
    nicole0709442

Answer by nicole0709442 at 10:44 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• HOLY GUACAMOLE! 35lbs! That's a huge baby! My daughter is a little chunker and she is only like 26-27lbs!!!! He must be really tall . . .mine is on the VERY short side . . lol.

Well, 5lbs is a lot at this age, but he could very well be about to go through a huge growth spurt and needed some extra meat on his bones. If you are feeding him healthy foods in healthy portions . . .then don't worry ......not every baby is the same and not every baby develops and grows the same! My daughter looked like Cartwright from South Park until about 11 months...lol. In her passport pic, her head is as round as a bowling ball! lmao She is really thining out now and I'm sure your son will do the same, but at his own time!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 11:56 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• *thinning
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 11:57 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• wow that is big...is he tall? Now I have big kids but at 16mos they were not that big. My baby girl is 20mos and weighs 21 pounds BUT she is small...LOL It can depend on his height like my older two were always 90-95% for weight and my sons height was often off the charts so because of that his weight was fine. My middle child was chubby compared to my oldest because she was not as tall.
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 12:11 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• my friend's baby weighed 25lbs at 1 year...i wouldn't worry...as long as your baby is active you are doing fine
    Kimra

Answer by Kimra at 12:37 AM on Nov. 18, 2009