my son has mild asthma he is 20 months old he has this persistent cough

no lie since the last week of september.I have taken him to the pulmonolgist,and hes onnn sooo much medication,xeponex,nasonex,singulair,antibiotics and prevacid for acid reflux.His cough has not got better,i dont know what else to do.Has anyone gone thru this???And what did u do please helpppp,im desperate?????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:34 PM on Nov. 17, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Did they give him the inhaler that has the tube that attaches to it for little ones to use? I can't remember what its called but it's just a reg inhaler and an attachment thing so toddlers can use it more easily. Maybe ask doc about that. I don't have any other advice, sorry. Hope he gets better. I will add that cool mist humidifiers are great for coughs.
    heartfrommyson

Answer by heartfrommyson at 9:39 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• Yes he does have that.nothing helps.
    Anonymous

• To me, it sounds like his asthma meds are not working and he needs something else or needs a higher dose. Typically when a child with asthma coughs and coughs its because they are trying to get their airway open. If they are still coughing after their meds it means they are not working properly or they are not getting to the problem. My DS has it too and what I do with him to make sure his meds get there and work their best is to make sure after his puff, it to have him hold his breath and I count to ten. He usually rocks back and forth, or marches in place, with each number, being silly, kind of a game with us really and on 10 he lets it out real slow. Have you tried this? I know he is still really young, but you could try. Good luck! Hope he is better soon!
    mom2BOYZnDad

Answer by mom2BOYZnDad at 9:56 PM on Nov. 17, 2009