Please Help Me I'm Trying So Hard but Nothing Is Working

I been doing what I have to but now i feel like i quite. Any ideas to keep me goin?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:45 PM on Nov. 17, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• What, exactly, are you referring to? If we don't know what you need encouragement for, we can't really help you.
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 9:59 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• Eat healthy. Don't eat white grains, eat whole grains. Do cardio PLUS strength training at least 2 times a week to really lose weight. But yeah like Sarah said, what are you doing now?
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 10:03 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• If you are trying to lose weight, watch the amount of sodium you eat. It's in places you would never assume. The recommended daily allowance of sodium is 2000 mg, but most Americans eat well over 4500 mg a day, which can lead to water retention, weight gain, high blood pressure, and heart disease among other things. I know when i went low sodium, I lost 6 lbs in a week the first time i did it, and 11lbs in a week the second time I started it. This time, which is my second time, I'm really sticking to it and lose about 1 lb a week. (also doing low fat). Any processed foods (Hamburger Helper, canned soups, canned vegetables, sauces, ketchup, seasoning mixes, etc) are normally VERY high in sodium. Try to eat only foods that are 5% of the RDA of sodium per serving or less. Eat lots of fresh fruits and vegetables, season food with mrs Dash seasoning, buy NO SALT ADDED canned foods, etc. See if that helps.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 7:07 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• Take a grammar course.
    SlightlyPerfect

Answer by SlightlyPerfect at 8:59 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• I would start with simple changes.
    Don’t buy junk food
    Walk, or do other exercise, for at least 20 minutes a day, at least 3 times a week.
    Make sure that you are drinking enough water, at least 8 8oz glasses a day.
    Eat an apple or big pile of veggies before meals.
    Eat 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables a day, in at least 3 different colors.
    Eat 5-6 servings of whole grains a day.
    Eat at least two servings of legumes a day.
    Cut way back on meat and dairy

Answer by rkoloms at 10:43 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• Probably should keep a food journal and map your calorie intake versus how much you are actually burning every day. It sounds like you hit a plateau. You'll either have to work out more/harder/strength train or lower calorie consumption some. Check with a personal trainer or a registered dietician/nutritionist.
    Pristine_Dream

Answer by Pristine_Dream at 12:55 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• PRAYER WRITE IT DOWN AND LEAVE THE BAD STUFF BEHIND YOU.VOLUNTEERING AT CHURCH OR SCHOOL ALWAYS HELPS ME OUT OF MY FUNK
    lilobrat

Answer by lilobrat at 2:16 AM on Nov. 24, 2009