When do you put of your Christmas tree??

some people like too put it up really early, some not until the night before .... when do you put it up and do you have any traditions surrounding it?

Amelora

Asked by Amelora at 10:09 PM on Nov. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• also... when do you take it down?
    Amelora

Answer by Amelora at 10:10 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• We put it out after Thanksgiving, anytime in December. We keep it up until 12th Night.
    psugal

Answer by psugal at 10:11 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• we put it up on thanksgiving night and take it down on before the new year!!
    tinkerbell319

Answer by tinkerbell319 at 10:15 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• I used to put it up shortly after Thanksgiving and take it down...whenever I got around to it (maybe January, maybe May, lol). Now, with small children...it goes up 1 - 1 1/2 weeks before and gets taken down the weekend after at the latest, so it's up no more than 2 weeks total.

No traditions yet. My oldest is just 2, so there hasn't been much opportunity yet. I plan on making decorating a family thing (it would be already, but my husband won't cooperate), and making/eating cookies, and Christmas carols, and the classic Christmas movies like Frosty and Rudolph. Maybe this year my toddler can hand me ornaments to put on (I've already got them separated into breakable and non-breakable bags from last year).
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 10:18 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• I put it up the weekend after Thanksgiving and take it down anytime after Christmas when I feel like it, but no later than the first weekend in January.
    No traditions to it really. I just love to play some Christmas music in the background, have all my bins of ornaments and decorations organized, and I just get to work. :)
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 6:02 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• We put it up the day after Thanksgiving and take it down New Year's Day. We don't really have any traditions b/c baby is still little. But every year we buy a new ornament that has some significance for us (new house ornament, baby's first christmas, stork for when we were pregnant) or if we don't have anything specific, we buy something with the year on it.

Because my DS is still little, my DH and I buy each buy him presents for Christmas, but don't tell each other what we got him. That way, when we open presents, it's a surprise to us as well.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:15 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• first weekend in December. Within a few days of New Years.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 7:30 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• hi there, my kids and i normally put our tree up on the 16th as it is a holiday, preferably at night and we start playing all the festive mustic and get the holiday spirit going. our traditions are new as we feel like we need to form our own. we have a white christmas tree and every year we just keep on adding new decorations, including the old ones and when we are done, we take photo's to show how full the tree is getting, so it's quite exciting as well.
    eyecandy431

Answer by eyecandy431 at 7:38 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• Since hubby has a couple days off, we usually start getting stuff out on the night of thanksgiving and work on it the Friday after.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:11 AM on Nov. 18, 2009