Who else cant help yelling ?

I have a 3 year old who is very trying..she hears perfectly but only listens when she wants to - please tell me that im not the only one that feels down like this .. please - I understant that this is normal for her age. Im the one with the problem . - I dont want to spank her so I find myself yelling - a lot and the i feel really guilty - I feel like a horrible Mom but when the situation arises I cant handle it any other way - I just get really frustrated - Help

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:09 PM on Nov. 17, 2009 in Health

• yep. I yelled until the day my youngest moved out and I mysteriously stopped yelling. Go figure!

Answer by admckenzie at 10:10 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• cute answer. My daughter is 20 months and her fav word for me is NO...I just try to laugh and walk away
    Theone3608

Answer by Theone3608 at 10:25 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• I'm a yeller, my sister is a yeller, my mother is a yeller, my grandmother was a yeller......we are all perfect average, members of society.
    geminishadow79

Answer by geminishadow79 at 10:35 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• my husband says.. don't yell.. it's hard.. he doesn't yell at all.. its hard for me.. i'm trying to learn to just stick mydaughter in the crib .. it's hard.. keep trying i say.. LOL.

so find something else to do instead of yelling.
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 11:44 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• yelling is a conditioned response that becomes habit. you just need to simply replace the yelling with something else that works. i'll guess that you are yelling and it doesn't work, so you yell some more and it still doesnt work. so you yell louder and some more...and guess what? still isn't working.
    stop doing things that don't work and yelling is one of them.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 9:03 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• I have a friend who is a yeller and nothing get done because the family gets use to it.

Put her on time out and start to talk . With in a few days you see the difference. That worked with me very fast and it also teaches you how to listen.
    Good luck.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 10:15 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• gammie... you are rite on with that! My mother in law is a yeller and when she starts everyone just looks at eachother and say "yup shes awake" to be honest we just ignore her try our best to avoid her. Its kinda funny but at the same time she is trying her darndest to get things done but all the yelling is more troublesum then benificial. Im sure to wach its own and it may work for others but in this casr lol its just a joke!
    31angelmommy3

Answer by 31angelmommy3 at 11:14 AM on Nov. 18, 2009