Why wouldn't someone want their child informed about abortion?

Wouldn't you want your child to know all the facts about abortion before making the decision? The reason I wondered is because what if something happened and she got an abortion because she was uninformed at a young age, and then when she was older she wished she could change what she did because she learned more about the decision. I would want my daughter to know pros and cons and what it all meant in case she had to make that decision. I wouldn't want her to regret any thing that I could have prevented.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:10 PM on Nov. 17, 2009 in General Parenting

• There are some people that believe in abortion and there are some that don't. I personally do not believe in abortion. I believe that god does not give us anything we can't handle and we should all be responsable for our actions. Granted if I had a daughter who got pregnant very young I would be more upset with myself because I didn't inform her more about birth control, being safe and staying away from boys..Abortion would not be an option..

smarie1011

Answer by smarie1011 at 10:24 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• The easiest way for me to explain why I wouldn't "teach" my daughter about abortion is because I don't want to make that an option for her. Its like the "D word" ie Divorce isn't an option in my marriage so why bring it up? Just work on the situation and know that God will bless it. Because abortion for me is murder I wouldn't teach my kids they have an option of murdering. (yes alot of CM's will hate me for using that word).

I would not ignore that the option is there. It wouldn't be the elephant in the room. It just wouldn't be presented as an option.

MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 10:40 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• i would definatly teach my daughter about abortion. hopefully my daughter would be on birth control and wouldnt get pregnant, but if she did, she would have two options, either to have the kid and we keep it or she get an abortion. she wouldnt be allowed to give my grand child up for adoption. i would ask her what she wants to do first. if she wanted an abortion, id bring her to get one. my mom brought me to get an abortion when i was 18, helped me make the decision and im glad she did.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 10:57 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• Information is inherently empowering. It's irrelevant whether I am for or against something, information on it's own is neutral. I am completely comfortable with my child obtaining information on a variety topics & I am not threatened by him learning about things I don't agree with or approve of. My child is not always going to develope or accept my morals on every issue. He is his own person. I will give information to the best of my knowledge & seek out further information if necessary. Options are options whether I agree with them or not. I have no issue with presenting all options on how to deal with a given situtation. I will guide my child in line with my morals but, as he developes into an adult, he will have to assume his own morals. I don't believe my way is the only way to do things. All of that said I think it's said that some parents don't trust in their own parenting enough to present all options to their kids.
    BubbaLuva

Answer by BubbaLuva at 11:03 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• I think all women should get an ultra sound and should be fully informed on the procedure. If they can still have the vile procedure done the child is probably better off since their host is a nasty and vile person.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:20 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• My concern is not with UNBIASED medical information. But rarely is the information presented in an UNBIASED way. Dr.'s who perform abortions don't want the patient informed of the baby's development, potential emotional issues, or potential complictions.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 1:38 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• I believe that people need to be candid with their kids about all manner of issues:

-Abortion
    -Contraceptives, how they work, and how to obtain them
    -Relationships and how to identify a healthy relationship
    -STDs

...just to name a few.

I think that, regardless of your beliefs on when/how your kids should have sex or deal with an unplanned pregnancy, they need to know all options and information in an unbiased way.
    Mousuke

Answer by Mousuke at 6:09 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• if my daughters became pregnant I would sit her down (after I blow up of course : ) and make her aware of all her options. Would I push for abortion NO but they would need to know their options.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 7:33 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• I will definitely teach my daughter about abortion. Not because it should ever be an option, but I think by knowing exactly how the baby is killed in utero, it will prevent her from ever thinking it's okay for her to do. When I learned about the actual process I was appalled that anyone could ever think that's an okay thing to do to their child growing inside their bodies.

Answer by missanc at 8:43 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• if my dd became pregnant, i would support her. am prolife so i rather hwer come telll me am pregnant then i had an abortion. (if she had one i would be very mad at her) having a bbay at a young age is not the end of the world
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 10:23 AM on Nov. 18, 2009