I can't keep up with the amount of milk my son is drinking at daycare- they supplement with formula. He's four months and change, I'm thinking of giving up but I feel guilty...

deepolliwog

Asked by deepolliwog at 10:12 PM on Nov. 17, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• it is hard decision...but just know that you have given your child milk while you could..and that makes a world of difference in their well being. i had to stop on both my kids around six months. i couldn't keep up with working and all...i felt bad too...but my supply started deminishing. i tried to pump and nurse more when i could but i just wasn't enough.
    Anonymous

• Can you buy an electric pump so you can send milk to the daycare with him?
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 10:27 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• I have one. I send it, I just can't seem to make that much on my own.
    deepolliwog

Answer by deepolliwog at 10:30 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• Try mother's milk tea. It will boost your milk production. The active ingredients are milk thistle and fenugreek. Just keep an eye out for gassiness in both you and baby. If your baby gets gassy, he or she might be a little fussier than normal.
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 10:31 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• Do you have a private space and time to pump while at work? I know pumping doesn't get the same results as our precious babies. :-/ I have heard Mothers Milk tea just drinking plenty of water help.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 10:34 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• Technically, the more you nurse the more you should make. So, when you are both home, try to nurse as much as possible for a while to build up your supply. Then pump at home and during work hours on breaks/lunch.

Also try the mother's milk tea.
    Anonymous

• I have to agree with (anonymous). I think I am finished... I am so busy that I forget to drink water/eat sometimes! Though I'll miss it, he seems to prefer the bottle- and he's a lot happier after it...
    deepolliwog

Answer by deepolliwog at 10:41 PM on Nov. 17, 2009