same shit different day

I am SICK SICK SICK of having the same god damn discussions with my husband over things like, when you're letting me sleep in you have to feed the baby breakfast, or yes when I ask you to do something that means now not tomorow, or when I leave the room for 10 minutes to put the baby to bed, please do not leave without leaving me a note or something... ugh, those are just the ones from today, What do you do when all you feel like you are doing is f***ing repeating yourself day in and day out!?

gypsymama532

Asked by gypsymama532 at 10:14 PM on Nov. 17, 2009 in Relationships

• Throw something...then cry like i'm dying...then he starts listening....at least for ten minutes..
    Anonymous

• I was starting to think my husband was the only one like this!! Ha...men are like kids you have to tell them over and over and over...
    smarie1011

Answer by smarie1011 at 10:18 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• Sometimes you have to humor them and make your requests into something funny and sweet. Don't nag and don't pressure, It is true you catch more fies with honey than with vinegar!!!
    Anonymous

• sit down with him and tell him how annoying it is to have to tell him the same shit all the time. tell him you are going to start doing it to him, and then do it. make him tell you 10 times to do his laundry and his dinner and his dishes...give HIM the blank look that men have perfected. in the lil talk be sure to tell him that the real trouble starts when you give up and stop telling him anything ...gl.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 12:18 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• Soo .. This is an international problem then, huh? Good to know. My mom tells me over and over that it takes forever for men to get it right. She tells me stories of how she went 'round and 'round with my dad over the same old things. It's no different with my husband either. I have to repeat myself day in and day out. Now it isn't as bad, not nearly as bad as it used to be, but it's still frustrating enough. It should be easy to take direction. I don't mean to say that as me being his dictator, but when I ask something of him to help me out I expect him to do it. It works the other way around too. However, I seem to have to run my jaw before I even get a reply, then it takes 10 minutes and me asking him 10 more times for him to do it. I have short patients as it is, so him being a man is just too much sometimes.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 7:17 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• Ohh and to add. At one point out of pure frustration I just yelled "I quit". Now I didn't mean I quit doing housework, taking care of the kids, or anything like that. I meant I quit talking to him. Now, me being me that didn't last very long at all. Again short patients, so when I got frustrated doing everything alone I gave in. Haha But it did open his eyes a little bit when I refused to talk to him, refused his help when he did eventually ask. I just let it all go. That didn't fix the issue forever, just for five minutes, but it made me feel better. Eventually my husband got it.. He still has his days and some things are an everyday issue. But it's not nearly as bad.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 7:20 PM on Nov. 18, 2009