Why am I experiencing abdominal pain in my lower abdomen? They're sharp & only last maybe 2-5 seconds...i'm appx 5 wks pregnant...

This Is my 1st pregnancy & I have alot of unanswered questions..I found out once I went to the ER...thanks

mrsrogers2008

Asked by mrsrogers2008 at 10:31 PM on Nov. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• The same thing happens to me still and im 27 weeks prego. It sounds like pain in ur ovaries. Its pretty normal. I wouldnt be too concerned!!
    tinkerbell319

Answer by tinkerbell319 at 10:33 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• It's not your ovaries...its your ligaments stretching. Your doctor will tell you the same thing. No worries.
    Anonymous

• i was so worried about that i went to the doctor. they said it's my ligaments stretching. i wouldn't worry.
    xxluvya

Answer by xxluvya at 11:03 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• Yeah, it's your ligaments.
    Anonymous

• yep, ligaments, I get it all the time. Now I get that AND braxton hicks!!!! haha
    Rachell9503

Answer by Rachell9503 at 12:14 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• If it's just a quick, sharp pain and not an aching/cramping, I wouldn't worry about it.... I am almost 9 weeks pregnant with my 3rd and 4th babies (twins) and I am already getting pains like that. If I even lift my leg the wrong way in the shower I'll get a sharp pain in my lower stomach. LoL. But it feels more like a muscular pain ... not anything serious. I wouldn't worry about it.
    JenMarie2007

Answer by JenMarie2007 at 3:31 PM on Nov. 18, 2009