Just want to know what I'm up against... and what can I do

I havent been feeling well the past few days... I've had really bad runs (like, its tinted water...that bad) to where I feel like I cant move for fear of messing myself. Last night I had a migraine, went to bed early. I couldnt eat anything (wasnt hungry, and the thought of food - blech) until about 4:30, when I forced myself to eat... Since then I've felt queasy, I feel a headache coming on, I feel disoriented... just dont feel RIGHT. In the past hour, I can feel my throat swelling up, feels PARCHED but I'm consuming stupid amounts of water... I dont have a dr, no $ no insurance, so as long as I can self-diagnose, I can self-treat.

Any ideas what I'm up against ladies? I know, I should be in bed, resting... but seeing as I'm at work, that's not really possible. I have another 30 min here... *sigh*

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:42 PM on Nov. 17, 2009 in Health

• I would get checked for H1N1 if I were you!
    psugal

Answer by psugal at 10:48 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• If you are getting headaches, and you are drinking huge amounts of water with that kind of diarrhea can get you dehydrated QUICK!! You probably need a few bags of saline in an IV and to find out what is causing all this!! See a doctor before it turns into something more serious!!!!

Anonymous

• Any fever? You may have eaten something bad. I had the same thing a couple months ago and thought I was going to die... Drink lots of fluids, if you can maybe get something to bring your electrolytes back up, like propel, or gatorade. I know I wasn't much help, hope you feel better soon! And if you start running a fever get your butt to the Dr, and tell them you don't have the money, they should make payment arrangements..
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:52 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• Sorry to hear you feel so bad - you really should be home in bed. Sounds like a bad virus (flu) to me. With all that is going on with the swine flu - please be careful about not seeking medical advice. Assuming you are in good health and not having breathing issues, you should rest and make sure you stay hydrated - you need to replace electrolytes - get some rehydration drinks - our doc. recommends Gatorade and the like - you really need to make sure you don't dehydrate with the "issues" you are having. If, however, you start to have any breathing issues you should be quick about getting help - there was a young fellow who recently lost his life close to where I live who was heathly one day and caught the swine flu - quickly developed terrible breathing issues and died a day later (in the hospital). Please don't mess with any issues like that.
    Good luck - I am sure you'll feel better in a few days.
    Anonymous

• H1N1 is not the stomach flu. It's a respiratory virus.

If it doesn't get better in a couple days go to an ER and get indegent care. Ask the ER personell about it. They will also take payment plans. Better than dying of dehydration.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:11 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• I think you should be seen. Go to the ER or an urgent care.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 11:21 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• "H1N1 is not the stomach flu. It's a respiratory virus." Well my family had a LOT if intestinal distress with H1N1 -- we were tested with (+) result. Yes it was primarily respiratory, but we were still fighting over our one toilet for about a week!!!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:19 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• The op's complaints are mostly intestinal, tho. That all but rules out H1N1.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 12:58 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• It could be an allergic reation to something you consummed. I was prescribed medication for brochitis...and it had a lactose filler...I am lactose intolerant...sooo....yeah...that was fun times until they figured out what the cause was...I mean...I was laying on the couch seriously hadn't slept in two days and was delirious...once I stopped taking the pills and they were flushed out...I was better.

I would GO TO THE ER NOW...I don't care about the insurance...suck up the bill before you are getting rushed by ambulance because you dehydrated enough to almost die...k
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 3:30 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• Wow...so many who still don't have a clue about H1N1. Based on what the OP wrote there is no way it's H1N1. Geez.

OP...you need to get to a doctor. Insurance or not you cannot self diagnose and self treat unless you have medical training...and even then that's not the best course of action!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:56 AM on Nov. 18, 2009