We spent $100 on a crib mattress for my first born 6 years ago, now we are expecting again. It was never too worn out or jumped on alot, do you think it would be ok to use again for our new baby?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:02 PM on Nov. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I had the same question so I did some research and I found some sites that say used mattresses (even hand me downs) have been linked to SIDS. I recommend calling your pedi. He/she might have more information.
    Personally, I'm not taking the chance. I'm buying a new one, even though I am big on hand me downs and buying used items.
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 11:06 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• Sure! As long as it liiks like it is in good shape. This will be our 4th on the same crib mattress.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 11:06 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• If you can get it really clean and it hasn't been stored anywhere dusty (like a garage or something) then it should be fine I would think
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:07 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• yeah, perfectly fine!
    Rachell9503

Answer by Rachell9503 at 12:10 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• Yeah do you think the duggars get a new mattress for every kid? LOL, just had to throw that in there.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 6:17 PM on Nov. 18, 2009