How can I soothe a baby boy who just got circumsized today?

He's 2.5 weeks old.

Marri357

Asked by Marri357 at 12:02 AM on Nov. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my son had to wait until he was 9 months...just let him lay without a diaper for a lil bit and keep vasiline on it or whatever your doc says to use
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 12:07 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• Just lots of love. Use tons of goop on his penis for extra protection.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:09 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• A lot of vaseline and infant tylenol.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:45 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• The best cure for baby is to breastfeed. This is yet another reason breastfeeding is best. Breastmilk releases a pain reliever for baby and helps more then anything else you can do or give. Of course you must also follow the proper care that doctor gave you for healing the area.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:14 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• I wont bash you but I hate this type of question....why did you circ in teh first place? No, I said I would not bash..................Are you nursing? You can put breastmilk on it. He might cry when he pees etc. keep him dry as possible. Let him air out without diaper.
    Anonymous

• Anon at 9:14, she circed because she wanted to. It's none of your business. Anyway, he's going to be miserable and cranky today. I have 2 boys and they were both miserable the day they were circumcized and for about 12 hours afterwards, everytime they peed it hurt and they screamed. After that, they were fine. I put A&D ointment on their winky to keep the diaper from sticking to it. Let him nurse as much as he wants to for comfort and he'll be okay.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 10:05 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• i dont knwo whatto tel you. when my son was cir, he was great thatd ay,. he slep alot. wok uo to jurse nasd justw ent back to sleep.actually it was the only day that he wasnt allc rabky
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 10:18 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• since when do they not circumsize before they are released fromt he hospital after birth?
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 10:27 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

A friend of mine gave birth at a birthing center and got her boys circumsized a few days later.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 10:30 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• i did different things to take his mind off the pain by letting him suckle on a piece of ice, or just giving them lotsa love and attention.
    31angelmommy3

Answer by 31angelmommy3 at 11:06 AM on Nov. 18, 2009