ok question to see if u can help me understand this

ok Friday I have to have an ultersound and where my doctor does the ultersounds at is in the hospital but its like a clinic for just moms to be.. Well i have knowone to watch my 20month old son and have to take him with me but i just read this on the site and does this mean i can't take my son into the appointment with me? I have to have this ultersound done .. What do u think? appreciate that patients' loved ones want to be here to provide support, which is important to the patient's emotional well-being," said Dr. Richard Lofgren, vice president for health care operations and chief clinical officer. "However, during extraordinary circumstances such as a widespread flu, one of the best things you can do for a patient is help reduce exposure to additional illness."

The amended visitation policy will remain in place throughout the influenza season, which typically extends through the winter.

Under the amended policy:

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:14 AM on Nov. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I would take him w/o calling first. I recently had to go to hosp and didn't know they had the same thing going on; my son is 3 and after we were there for over an hour they realized he was with me and told me he wasn't suppose to be there; I said I had no one to watch him and they gave him a mask. I could tell they didn't like it but there was nothing they could do. They couldn't refuse me service and they couldn't take my son away from me so what...guess they'll just get mad.
    heartfrommyson

Answer by heartfrommyson at 1:43 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• CONT......
    Visitors under age 18 are not allowed in patient rooms and other patient care areas (Parents/guardians under 18 will be allowed to visit their child.)
    Patients may only have one adult visitor at a time (Except in Kentucky Children's Hospital, where two parents may stay with a child).
    Outpatient clinics will only allow one additional person (age 18 and up) to attend clinic appointments with the patient (or both parents of a minor child).
    Additionally, it is recommended that those who are feeling sick, or who have been exposed to someone who is ill, should refrain from visiting patients.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:14 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• HERE IS THE SITE IF U WANT TO READ IT THERE TO HELP ME THANKS
    http://news.uky.edu/news/display_article.php?artid=5106
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:15 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• I would take him. I've read that somewhere before, but I think it's more hospitals and stuff. You said where you're going is for moms to be, so I think it'd be fine. My kids come to all my doctors appointments. You don't have a sitter, what can they do? If you're really worried, call your docs, say you don't have a sitter and you wanted to be sure it was okay to bring him.
    Rachell9503

Answer by Rachell9503 at 12:20 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• Call and see if you can rescheduel. If they say no explain the situation. Offer to have your son where a face mask (like they give you in the er when you have a cough) and gloves. These two things will keep your son from spreading the flu if on the off chance he does have. Most Doc offices are resonable with such polices and will make exceptions with small requirments like the face mask.
    jrsjrb

Answer by jrsjrb at 12:23 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• He's a minor child and you don't have any other choice. I would put him in a stroller with some of his favorite things, some snacks, drink, and tell them you're sorry but you have no choice but to bring him.. I'm sure they will be fine with it. Maybe call ahead and explain your situation, they might be able to help you out.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 12:23 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• I would call and explain my circumstances and ask directly if child can come with or not. If there is a seperate entrance and you are only in that area of clinic, this may not directly affect you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:26 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• I would just bring him, and not call, since you have no other choice. What are they going to do, really? They want to bill your insurance for the visit, and if they refuse your child, they are refusing you as well, so it is there loss.
    squish

Answer by squish at 12:46 AM on Nov. 18, 2009