Power of Suggestion?

Do you believe a panic attack in a child can happen from power of suggestion? My daughter had one an hour after going to bed. Can they really happen in a quiet relaxed setting?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:38 AM on Nov. 18, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Let me throw in that she has also reverted back to insisting my husband or I stay with her until she falls asleep. Something we used to do for her when she was 4. She's 8 now.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:44 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• there must be a LOT of stress either in your home or at school...usually if a child goes back to an old habit it is because something very wrong has happened or they are having a lot of stress...i suggest reading the book "mind power for children"
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:47 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• My husband and I completely believe in the power of suggestion, and try not to enforce "suggestive thinking" in our daughter (i.e., "don't spill your milk, you're going to miss your bus, etc.) I agree with anon...if your daughter is having panic attacks, something is stressing her and she's reverting. Get to the core of it, Mama!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:11 AM on Nov. 18, 2009