Christmas toys for baby?

My son will be exactly 3 months old on Christmas Eve. Any ideas of toys for a baby that young? Any that you know of that are really good for their development and that they can enjoy? Even though he's not old enough to know, I'm still getting him presents, and I want it be something he can enjoy. :)

StefanieN84

Asked by StefanieN84 at 1:07 AM on Nov. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• the baby whoozit is a great toy. my 4 month old son loves his and has been interested in it for about a month now. i have friends who told me their babies loves it as well.
    also, a swing is great to have if you don't already have one.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0000A9Y5R/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_1?pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B0000DJAYT&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0EMEPXW5917G6BCE7Z5D

laurenmason

Answer by laurenmason at 2:41 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• My son was a litte older at Christmas... but we got him a mirror toy for his crib and a stuffed animal and a new outfit last year. We didn't go crazy because he was so young.

If your son doesn't have an activity mat, that would be a nice toy. My son spent hours on that at that age... or soon he'll be able to use things like exersaucers (sp). And in a month or so he'll probably start teething... you could get him some teething toys.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 1:38 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• umm i actually was thnking about this the other day and in parent magazine they were saying ..you should get like the soft books with textures,stuffed animals and things that are cool for the baby to look at so he/she will try to swat their hands at the and grab them,a playmat is good.rattles for when hes a bit older,toys to hang in front of the car seat..but be careful because some are being recalled because their dangerous if your in an accident..hope i helped =]]
    mommy16love

Answer by mommy16love at 2:39 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• An activity saucer would be a good gift if you're looking for something bigger. Soft books, board, books (chewing on them at this age is part of developing literacy), teething rings.
    TiffanyMarie80

Answer by TiffanyMarie80 at 4:56 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• Fisher Price Laugh and Learn toys! I know they say they are for kids that are older but my 6 month old LOVES anything that make noise or sings. She also loves her "Sleep Sheep" that plays four soothing sounds at night...
    chefronswife

Answer by chefronswife at 10:48 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• Yes, my son LOVED the Whoozit toy. He also liked the playmat, that has the overhead hanging toys/rattles. In about a month or so, your baby will probably be stable enough for an exersaucer or bouncer - those are fun as well!
    mevxoxo

Answer by mevxoxo at 12:05 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• Honestly, any toy for a child of that age is good for their development. As they're not old enough to understand being taught animals, colors, numbers, etc. With that said, any toy that teaches them hand-eye coordination, teaches them to reach for things, and shows them different colors and shapes is a good idea. I suggest an acitivity mat that has toys hanging from it. This will teach baby to reach for the toys, also help encourage the baby to roll over, and all at the same time show baby different colors and shapes. You could also get those musical toys for the crib. Again, the music, colors, and shapes will help develop baby's mind. It's all about seeing as much as they can see right now. Toys they can grab onto, even chew on, things they can rattle and shake. They're just learning how to manipulate toys from one hand to the other, how to grab at things, and hold onto them.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 2:51 PM on Nov. 18, 2009