internet explorer 8

i got on this morning and my computer said i needed to DL it ... so i did , and no ever since i did everything is messed up. we dont have a virus scan , bc its a little too pricey right now ... and idk how to get this off! i had 150 pop ups when i logged off for a half hour!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:09 AM on Nov. 18, 2009 in Technology

• Who do you get your internet from? We use AT&T and they give us a free virus program. Maybe your company has something similar. Find "Tools" and check your settings for a pop-up blocker. Maybe it has been reset during the download. GL
    KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 1:20 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• This is why I used Mozilla Firefox. No problems with that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:22 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• Yeah I didn't like Internet Explorer 8 at all especially when it was still in beta form..Idk if it's still beta or not. So I downgraded back to IE 7. I also have Mozzila Firefox though. I prefer to used that instead. And to scan your computer for virus, you can use free one. Hubby uses this one for his laptop and it's ok. You can check the reviews to see if you'll like it. =)

http://download.cnet.com/AVG-Anti-Virus-Free-Edition/3000-2239_4-10320142.html?tag=mncol;pop

starbucks81

Answer by starbucks81 at 2:33 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• You need to uninstall IE8. You can run a free virus-scan here: http://free.antivirus.com/clean-up-tools/

Answer by rkoloms at 6:18 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• As for the anti-virus, you can go to
    http://free.avg.com/us-en/download-avg-anti-virus-free-edition
    and it's a free version of AVG anti virus.About halfway down the screen it'll have three versions and click download on the first one and that's the free one and just follow the prompts.

As for the IE8, I didn't like it on my computer either.
    If your computer has Windows XP you can go to your Control Panel>Add/Remove Programs>And then scroll down to the bottom and find Windows Internet Explorer 8 and then click remove and that will take you back to the previous version.
    If you have Windows Vista then you'll go to Control Panel>Programs and Features>Find Windows Internet Explorer 8 on the list and then click uninstall at the top.

I have to do this crap ALL day at work lol
    misspriss_1987

Answer by misspriss_1987 at 11:46 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• Stick with IE7 ...or better yet, download and install Firefox...it's much better for your system, and nicer than IE ever hoped to become.

Check out the free tools I recommend within my Computer Moms - Computer Heaven group here on CafeMom.

PinkSodaPop

Answer by PinkSodaPop at 12:12 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• I recommend following all of the steps outlined within my 'Weekly PC Health Regimen' --- Do this and get your system back to clean and maintained status in no time.
    PinkSodaPop

• what starbucks said that's what i use
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 10:24 PM on Nov. 14, 2010