Christmas Presents 2009....

How Many Of You On Here Cant Afford Christmas Gifts For Your Kids?

My Husband And I Cant Afford But One For Our Little Girl.....And It Sickens Me.I Feel Soo Bad

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:10 AM on Nov. 18, 2009 in Holidays

• Dollar Tree has lots of really cool stuff, and at $1 each, you can't beat the price. I'm in MI and our Dollar Tree has Hannah Montana, Tinkerbell, even Transmorphers and Hot wheels.
    EvaSerenity

Answer by EvaSerenity at 1:23 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• don't feel bad, my husband and i can't afford a lot either, but we are going to try supper hard. a lot of people feel the same as we do. but we are going to try after all our bills are payed and needs are met. good luck. just be thankful that you can decorate and get festive, make yummy meals, and buy your daughter her gift. it's ok. god bless
    Hesmynavyman

Answer by Hesmynavyman at 1:17 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• I agree with a pp one getting inexpensive things. You can get her one main gift and then to fill it in, get a cute small notebook, small box of crayons, bubbles etc...

Dont' forget to check Target or Walmart for good prices on things like that. Sometimes the dollar stores sell stuff that is not even worth a dollar, KWIM ? Though Dollar Tree usually has some neat little things.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:30 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• Ugh I meant "on" not "one"
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:31 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• This yr is bad for many... I live in MI and this state is one of the hardest if not the hardest hit state due to the recession.
    Get the one gift for your dd... decorate the house, be cheerful, play Christmas music, bake cookies together...
    Just enjoy being together as a family and keep a positive outlook for the new yr...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 8:01 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• I can, but I'm not going to get her but a few books. Or maybe a mattress for the twin bed she's moving into. She doesn't *need* much so won't get much. Why waste money on toys and things she won't need or play with. I'd rather buy things she needs throughout the year when she needs them than waste a bunch of money at b-day or christmas. Just my thoughts. I do like to do the toys for tots or angel tree and buy for someone else. I'd rather spend time shopping for others with my daughter or making cookies or just walking around looking at christmas lights than getting her gifts.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:09 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• Well. the best you can do right now if shes old enough is to explain to her the situation.and maybe get her the one gift that she really wants. And you can maybe surprise her with a christmas stocking with christmas candy and little knick knacks that she might enjoy. and then enjoy chrismas to the fullest the three of you together,by singing christmas songs someone can read a christmas story, And you and your daughter can make christmas cookies together. Watch some christmas movies on tv. Besides She does have more family who she can get gifts from too right, like grandparents, aunts and uncles. So im sure she'll be fine, Just get together with all your other family and friends and have fun.
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 10:28 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• Don't feel bad. You're not alone. At this point it's going to be all we can do to buy presents for our children. We're not buying for each other, we haven't since before we got married. We're not buying for other relatives either. I'm sure that will piss off quite a number of certain relatives but I do not care anymore. I already told my family not to even worry about getting anything for DH and I since we can't reciprocate. They will anyway, I'm sure. Thaks to all the attention paid, since we got married, to the cost of gifts and the idea we need to spend what we do on our mortgage and groceries, Christmas is not all fun anymore. Except when I'm watching my children open their presents. That is the real joy for me at Christmas time.
    Anonymous

• I'm not even sure if my little girl will get one gift.It takes all we have to keep a roof over her head. But she is trying to be understanding because in a few years I will be able to afford more when I have an education.
    preciouschild

Answer by preciouschild at 9:31 PM on Nov. 19, 2009