I am 35 weeks, please read, it's URGENT....

I am 35 weeks pregnant, with my second child.  I have a cough and as I layed in bed I started coughing pretty hard, and it was like I peed my pants.  I stood up out of the bed, and liquid dripped down my leg, so I put some tissue in my underpants and went to the bathroom.  When I sat on the toilet I peed and it was yellow, but the tissue in my underpants was clear....  Did I pee myself, and I leaking???  Is the pressure from coughing making me pee on myself, or could it cause pressure on my other fluids???????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:12 AM on Nov. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i agree with the last post. you probably pee'ed yourself, but if you feel liquid continue to drip down without any coughing, i'd give your doc a call to see what he thinks. but if you start to feel strong contractions or start bleeding, i'd head for your birthing center. good luck. i hope it's just pee =)
    rAbella

Answer by rAbella at 1:17 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• I would guess that you peed yourself but pay attn to your body; if you start feeling consistent contractions I'd go to the hospital
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:13 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• I would also guess that you peed on yourself. Its really not that uncommon. if you start having lots of contractions or more leaking you might want to call your doctor and see what they recommend. :)
    Frogbaby83

Answer by Frogbaby83 at 1:15 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• I agree, probably pee. It probably didnt look yellow because there wasn't a lot of it all in the same place. Don't worry unless you keep leaking.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 1:17 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• Yup! You peed yourself.........
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:17 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• I peed myself whenever I coughed at 35+ weeks, with both my pregnancies! Lol (Embarrassing, but true!) Sometimes it was a lot, and I would freak out.

I wouldn't be worried, unless you continue leaking fluid or start gushing. :) Probably just an accident!
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 1:31 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• Ok lay down again for like a half hour and when you stand up if it does it again it may be amnionic fluid. I did have a really really atery discharge with my youngest one tho. Do you remember the smell of the fluid from when you had your first baby? It smells like seamen to me, and it has all four times I had a baby. Do you get a wif of that smell? If you do then you better go in.
    stickyfingers

Answer by stickyfingers at 1:32 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• But I forgot to add I peed my pants all the time when I was prego! It was BAD! lol
    stickyfingers

Answer by stickyfingers at 1:33 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• Pee smells like pee. Amniotic fluid smells like semen. (and it tastes sweet)..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:33 AM on Nov. 18, 2009