Not just for fun but I am desperate!

TMI, but with all the pain meds I am taking I have become very constipated. I took 2 stool softeners that were prescribed and I haven't pooped in almost 2 days! I hurt and I feel like pushing and it comes out a little then goes back in. What do I do? !!!!!!!!!

ItsMeGigi69

Asked by ItsMeGigi69 at 1:23 AM on Nov. 18, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Gigi---do you have a good magazine by the toilet? Sometimes, if you relax . . . so does your bootyhole . . lol. Something as simple as relaxing can help the poo poo process! OR drink some coffee! Coffee is like a laxative for me . . drink some coffee and I can't go anywhere for at least 2 hours! lol
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 2:56 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• enema? i think they sell them over the counter. good luck finding someone to administer it =P my dd was terribly constipated and in pain, it was there but wasn't coming out. MIL (ex nurse) the enema worked immediately.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:29 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• Sometimes, I have to use my finger inside my vag to press on the wall and help with pushing the stool out. Try using mineral oil instead of stool softener. I'm sorry you are having this trouble.
    Anonymous

• How long have you stayed on the toilet? With constipation you have to give yourself enough time. Spend 15 minutes and then try again.

f all else fails you can do an enima. They're not fun but they get the job done!
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 1:30 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• oops ** my MIL (ex nurse) got one at the local drug store an it worked immediately.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:30 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• I can't go buy anything right now, son is asleep and I can't drive. Problem is the more I push the more I aggravate what I thought was a bladder infection and turns out my tumor is pushing on my bladder.
    ItsMeGigi69

Answer by ItsMeGigi69 at 1:45 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• Water water water! And anything with lots of fiber, especially cereals mini wheats worked the best for me! Good luck!
    SweetPea05

Answer by SweetPea05 at 1:58 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWQFcPEuRJY

No this isn't me, lol but i feel her! lol

ItsMeGigi69

Answer by ItsMeGigi69 at 2:22 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• Have you tried drinking warm liquids? That usually helps me get things moving, yea I didn't mean the pun.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 2:49 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• I'm with Bridget on the coffee suggestion..I'm the same way, lol!
    ajtherad

Answer by ajtherad at 8:48 AM on Nov. 18, 2009