Husbands or Boyfriend's & Video Games?

What do You think of your husband or boyfriend when they play video games all the time ?Can you get them to turn it off?Do you have to beg them?Does it drive you crazy ?Are you ok with it or not?lol

Kelly_Motherof2

Asked by Kelly_Motherof2 at 1:25 AM on Nov. 18, 2009 in Adult Children (18+)

• I can relate here because my live-in boyfriend of 7 years will not stop with the games. They are mostly computer games now that the play station broke, and the wii doesn't have too many good ones out. Left 4 Dead 2 came out and he wouldn't stop playing until 7am when we had to be up to do things. It's incredibly frustrating when he sleeps all day and leaves me to handle a 2 year old and everything else. Nothing gets done. He doesn't have a job right now and isn't looking too hard. I'd say we should have a serious talk with them about it. If that doesn't help, take a vital cord from the computer and hide it until he gets the picture. I'm right there at that idea now. I'd also say there are times in the day where he could play his games while you do something. I have my own computer and he has his. When George is sleeping and I'm doing class work online, he could play. Kinda difficult.
    AshleighJM

Answer by AshleighJM at 9:34 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• He plays a lot, and I used to have to nag or beg or get mad. He's much better now. He only goes overboard once in a while. Like today, when he had to be to work at 7 but stayed until he had to leave playing Left 4 Dead 2. He's such a loser. lol.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 1:31 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• Lol I was just talking about this with my friend. My husband LOVES his video games, and I'm thinking of getting him a Playstation 3 for Christmas. I can get him to turn them off whenever I want, and he rarely goes overboard. He works nights, so on his nights off he usually plays video games while baby and I sleep, and I'm fine with that. :)
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 1:42 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• mine never plays video games, when we were first married we could never afford the "toys" that boys play
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:05 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• In my house we are all into the video games of one kind or another my BF only goes crazy when a new game comes out and he kind of gets a one track mind. I just leave him alone and usually he ends up missing me before i can say anything.
    trying2survive

Answer by trying2survive at 11:37 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• Mine has gotten better since we got married. When I still had my job (nights and weekends) he would play then, and now that I have class on weekends he plays while I'm in class. Now the problem is getting him to stop spending money on Warhammer...
    austin_amazon

Answer by austin_amazon at 7:30 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• My husband never done that. Focus his energies on an education and work instead.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:49 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• My DH (29) on the occasion will go a little "overboard". My 22 yr old brother and him like to play "LIVE'' on the Xbox with Halo. I tell them they are a bunch of nerds. LOL However, it's never too bad. I can tell him when to hit the switch.
    crazypianochick

Answer by crazypianochick at 9:17 AM on Nov. 21, 2009

• lol my husband plays a lot of halo too. i used to think that he had a problem with playing all the time but when i told him about how i felt he really started cutting down. since he's cut down i don't mind if he plays a little longer on sundays when he doesn't have to work and we're just relaxing at home.
    khmymommi

Answer by khmymommi at 8:38 PM on Nov. 21, 2009

• Treat it as a potential addiction.

Get him to agree to written rules covering play time, and let you enforce with 5 min warning and pressing power off switch.
    Clairwil

Answer by Clairwil at 3:52 AM on Nov. 22, 2009