Where can I donate baby food?

This may sound like a strange question, but do missions/shelters ever need jars of baby food? Or is there any other type of organization that would benefit from a donation like that?

My daughter hardly ate any of her jars of fruits/veggies before she went straight to solid foods. Between what we stocked up on and some jars we got through WIC, we have probably 50+ jars sitting in our cupboards!

Just looking for thoughts; I want to give them to a place that can benefit from it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:38 AM on Nov. 18, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Any food bank will GLADLY take them. Look online for one in your area.
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 1:45 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• I would check with a local church; they normally help needy families and could use them or at least point you in the right direction.
    heartfrommyson

Answer by heartfrommyson at 1:47 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• Thanks ladies!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:11 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• try your local food bank
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 7:41 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• www.feedingamerica.org will point you towards a food bank in your area

Answer by rkoloms at 8:06 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• i dont know where you could donate them but i would like to sya thank you for doing it so manny people are in need right now and to donate food rather than just throw it out that is a wonderfull descion
    jajamama

Answer by jajamama at 8:55 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• food banks and churches
    buzymamaof3

Answer by buzymamaof3 at 9:11 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• Crisis pregnancy center, women's shelter, or a food bank.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 9:13 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• I would assume any food bank. That is wonderful that you are going to donate them-you are very thoughtful((hugs))
    ycatstouch

Answer by ycatstouch at 9:15 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• i am doing the same with my formula from WIC. They give me 9 cans a month, my daughter is on milk as of this month and I have about 10 cans in cupboard and another 9 to get from the store.
    NSeni

Answer by NSeni at 9:25 AM on Nov. 18, 2009