need help! tmi

I ebf and woke up with what I thought was a clogged duct. Well just looked at the nipple and it looks like there is a tiny puss filled blister. Is that common for a clogged duct? If not what is it? Should I pop it or is that bad? Thanks ladies!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:11 AM on Nov. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Try googling "kelly mom" it's a site with lots of breastfeeding help. I go there for lists of safe meds.

Try to see if it says anything ?

I have had tons of clogs and mastitis but never pus. Sounds like a type of infected blister.

Hope you get it cleared up fast. Breasts can be so annoying LOL
    J9Mommy

Answer by J9Mommy at 3:19 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• http://www.kellymom.com/bf/concerns/mom/nipplebleb.html

Oh put this in your browser. Just looked real quick, but when I saw milk blister sounded like you.
    J9Mommy

Answer by J9Mommy at 3:21 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• It sounds like a milk blister - I had several of them with my daughter (we had oversupply issues). Use a wet, hot, washcloth to compress the the breast right before nursing on that side. After nursing, use a pump on that same side (even if you don't get anything - keep pumping for 10-15 minute). It might take several days, but this should help release the milk that is trapped. Some people say to pull the skin up off the milk blister, but I was worried about infection and never tried that.
    TiffanyMarie80

Answer by TiffanyMarie80 at 4:53 AM on Nov. 18, 2009