Acne...how can I keep it under control?!

*sigh* Ok, so, I have moderate acne. It's mostly around my jaw line and chin. I'm 22 going on 23 next month and I'm like, what the hell??? I thought I would be grown out of this by now! I've tried damn near everything. I don't wear consealer, foundation or powder because they all clog my pores and make me breakout. I've tried benzoyl peroxide, salicylic acid, and sulfur based skin creams, I've tried things like proactive and other so-called "miraculous" skin treatments and even the creams prescribed by a docter and non of these have helped for very long. The only thing that seemed to help was when my best friend took me to get a facial, but I can't afford all those lotions and creams and other products they used on my face. Is there anyone out there who has found a regimen or cream or ANYTHING that has worked for them...or any insite on when I may grow out of this???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:50 AM on Nov. 18, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• What i did is about 4-5 yrs ago i had "teenage acne" i just bought noxema the orignial cream with moisturizer, leave it on there until it starts to burn a lil and then rinse it off used it twice a day once in the morning i left it on while i brushed my teeth and then at night left it on while i ran my shower water, that method seems to work on me i don't break out anymore, Good luck
    waterlily89

Answer by waterlily89 at 4:13 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• I am an esthetician and hope this will help you... the main thing is to be on a skin care regimen, which is to say you do the same thing everyday no matter what. Depending on where your acne is you can tell what some of the problem is. Outside of the face(chin, hairline, ears) is stress and inside is hormonal, and around the mouth could be either or food related(if you have reactive skin spicy or greasy food will really exacerbate this area). So what do you do? Cleanse and "tone" (you can use witch hazel)twice daily and use a mask and/or scrub once a week, this can be plain sugar with a little olive or sunflower oil mixed in or even water. Don't scrub too hard the sugar scrubs for you. Follow this with the appropriate moisturizer for your skin type, I find that the Target Up and Up generic of neutrogena or salicylic acid works well for me. Any skin routine is going to help. Also extract like the pros but tone after.
    whitsnutz

Answer by whitsnutz at 6:00 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• Oh yea if you are going to extract push down on either side of the comedone or blemish don't squeeze or pinch - even buy an extractor at Sally's or walmart but clean it religiously and don't go overboard.
    whitsnutz

Answer by whitsnutz at 6:02 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• im 22 also and ive been dealing with acne for a while. i tried EVERYTHING. everything in the store, proactive, stuff perscribed by a doctor. and then i was living in florida for a couple of yrs and the lady who waxed my eyebrows told me that her daughter had horrible acne and she found a product called obagi and that it completley took it all away, so i was like yano what, im gonna try it. and i did. and it WORKED!!!! so happy about that. you cant buy it at stores so if you want the number, message me and i will give it to you & tell you all the info. i would almost guarantee that it will work.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 9:25 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• If you are on the phone alot it could be that.When I was a receptionist I started breaking out in that area too. Nothing would make it go away, I finally started wiping the phone down with antibacterial wipes constantly and wouldn't you know, my acne went away.
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 7:54 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• You should try the Avon Clearskin Professionals Acne Clearing Kit. Its made a huge difference in my skin and is formulated for adults skin that is sensitive so it won't dry you out or make things worse. www.youravon.com/dhullum you can get the starter trial kit too! Use coupon kit fsany for free shipping.
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 8:38 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• usbourne..do you have customers that use this product?I need something too as this acne I have is ridiculous...I only have clear skin one week out of the month.
    Nattiesmom9603

Answer by Nattiesmom9603 at 5:16 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• Before buying or selling any body care products, it is important to check the safety of the ingredients. I like the Skin Deep database maintained by the Environmental Working Group (the folks who publish the guide to pesticides in produce). http://www.ewg.org/  Avon and Mary Kay, among others, make a big public show of their support of breast cancer research and victims, yet refuse to stop using cancer causing ingredients in their products.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:59 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• Here is how my teen handles her acne: wash your face twice a day with a very mild soap (like unscented baby soap) and a soft wash cloth; follow with a light, oil free moisturizer (she uses Lush). Once a day, before you wash your face, put on a honey mask (just honey, a great anti-bacterial). Every three days add a pinch of baking soda to the honey to exfoliate. Check back with me in two weeks and tell me how this worked