swine flu with pregnancy

My obgyn gave me a list of places to get the shot, i havent decided if i wanted to or not. What would you recommend and why?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:23 AM on Nov. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I personally felt to unsure about how new the shots were, how little testing had been done, and how difficult t was to get the preservative free shots in my area, so I opted not to get myself or my kids vaccinated. However, I might have felt differently if they were in a preschool or daycare setting and around a lot of other kids every day.. . . .
    TiffanyMarie80

Answer by TiffanyMarie80 at 5:18 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• I saw the package insert from the drug company. They have not tested the vaccine on pregnant women and have no idea what kind of affect it has on the baby. The drug company actually recommends that pregnant women not get it unless necessary! It seems odd that the makers of the vaccine don't recommend it, but that doctors are pushing it for pregnant women. Since the majority of cases of the flu are light, I would much rather risk the flu then the vaccine and the unknown effect on my child.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 7:04 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• I would listen to micheledo as I have heard that on cafe mom more than once that drug manufacturers are recommending pregnant woman NOT get the shot. I would be very very careful in this case.
    SEEKEROFSHELLS

Answer by SEEKEROFSHELLS at 7:18 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• I wouldn't do it. It's way too new, they don't know the long-term effects, and they don't know what it would do to an unborn baby.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:01 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• It depends on your risk. If you are a health care worker, day care worker, work at a school, do any kind of work where you are around a lot of people, go out in crowds, have kids in day care, have kids in school, or if your SO is in any of these situations then you should consider getting it.

If you don't have kids, stay home most the time, avoid other people, don't go to church or movies, shop at odd hours, and in general avoid people then you would be at low risk. I have a weak immune system and this is how I live.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 10:11 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• im not getting it, and i would recomend you not as well. my aunts neighbor just had her baby (she got the H1N1 flu shot a month ago..and her baby has severe lung problems. secretly it was said it was due to the H1N1 vaccine. but im sure that will be covered up and not mentioned. another case happened here where i live , her baby as well has lung issues, i really believe the H1N1 flu shot can do this to your baby and its only worse on the baby after it is born. i asked my sons doctor about this and she said most babies with mothers who have gotten the H1N1 flu shot are having difficulties with there lungs.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:25 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• that is really weird i heard the same thing, but was not sure if it was true. i need to find the chart again online but mothers who were pregnant and got the swine flu shot..............there babies have bad lung and upper respitory problems. 2 have died but doctors are blaming immiture lungs. im sorry but immiture lungs is before 37 weeks. these babies are born full term. docotors i guess are lying to cover it up. idk.....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:28 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• Im 34 in a half weeks and i also have a 2 year old son as well. My husband works in a freezer all day and im a stay at home mom. Daycare is not an issue since i currently dont work. I chose not to get the shot for myself or my son. We attend church and go to walmart and target during regular hours however i do go up to the lady or man that greets people at walmart and ask for disinfectant EVERYTIME i go. Im probably the only one but who cares. We also take vit. daily and wash our hands constantly. Lisol is our best friend lol. I just dont feel its really needed at this point. Ive heard so many horrible things about this shot and feel its just not for us and were doing fine. If my son were around abunch of kids then i would surely re think this over but hes not. When he is its on sunday for an hour or so and kids that show any sign of cold are not aloud to go to class so. Gl hun.
    Proudparent707

Answer by Proudparent707 at 1:31 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• I wouldn't get the shot. Why is it okay for a pregnant woman to get the shot but it's not recommended for children under 6 months?!

http://www.prisonplanet.com/shocking-h1n1-swine-flu-vaccine-miscarriage-stories-from-pregnant-women-%E2%80%93-tell-your-doctors-that-vaccines-and-pregnancy-do-not-mix.html
    Anonymous

• Anonymous