Are there any moms, that has been laid-off this year. And are now living off there unemployedment checks.

karenmiller313

Asked by karenmiller313 at 3:49 AM on Nov. 18, 2009 in Money & Work

• my dh was for 6 months. thank God he's back to work now!
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 4:16 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• I resigned from my career due to my husbands high demanding career. Now I worked at Hard Rock Casino best job ever had they are laying off and cutting hrs. back. Some casino's had to lay off more than 50 people due to insurance which the "IP" is known to do this time of the yr., but they never laid off this many people ever until this yr. This is just people who work in the pit area of a casino. It's sad!
    goldielock37

Answer by goldielock37 at 5:44 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• Yes. Lots.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:10 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• Ugggh, I was laid off in April and my benefits just ended!! :-(
    alyssamal

Answer by alyssamal at 10:15 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• Yup and my benefits just ended. I am in hopes that they will extend them. I am looking for work and can not find anything. I live in So Cal and jobs are few and far between.
    dillonsma

Answer by dillonsma at 10:53 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• Only two months. I found a job in another state and moved. I was going crazy on unemployment. I hated moving but I am glad I did. Better job than I had before I make nearly double. The area is doing well and the cost of living is much lower. I was able to buy a house last month never would have happened where I was living. This economy broke me a bit but now I am doing better than ever.
    Anonymous

• Yes I did at one time.It was hard when it came to doing things that I needed money to do.I had to down size and learn to budget again and yet, AGAIN. Money was tight and we all had to make sacrifices. I love shopping and couldn't anymore for a while.Namr brands where a thing of the past. It also taught me more about what is important in life, quallity time @ home with my kids.Can't put a price on that. Life is full of change'.
    Stefono

Answer by Stefono at 12:10 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• ^^This is not a way to win friends and influence people. I cannot believe this was so low and underhanded to do this, this way.
    Anonymous

• anon :23    correct

Just a newbie trying to drum up business for herself.  A lot of them do that here. 

Anonymous

• There are great tips in the CafeMom job hunting moms group: http://www.cafemom.com/group/jobhuntingmoms

Answer by rkoloms at 7:36 PM on Nov. 18, 2009