I need help taking the binky away. Any Suggestions?

Asked by JeremysMom810 at 8:23 PM on Jun. 24, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Just close the box,[X] a screen will pop up asking you if you really want to remove that widget.

Answer by vbruno at 8:44 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• My DD didnt want her binky after she was a month old but I was watching Super Nanny and she had the little boy put his in an envelope to give to the Paci Fairy so they could be used by another little boy that needed it. They put it in the mailbox and in the morning there was another envelope with a surprise for him for being a big boy. The little boy was excited about helping another little boy and only asked for it back once. Good luck.

Answer by linasmom222 at 8:45 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• when my first grl was tht age we told her Santa Claus wouldnt bring her she threw it away and it worked she cried for afew days but never had one again ...2nd grl we just hid it ...if u can't see thgs u don't want them.

Answer by sweetheart70 at 8:58 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• My daughter put all her binkies in a basket and left them outside for the baby bunnies. We talked about doing it for weeks before, one day she just decided to do it...I caught her gathering the ones we had. I put the basket outside, we went in her room. She of course changed her mind, went to go get them, but when she went out there all the binkies were gone, but the bunnies left her lil presents (stuff animal, necklaces) It was a rough weekend, more for us than her I think. Once the weekend was over - she forgot about them. I have heard from many parents that it is hard the first few days and the only way to get through it is to get rid of ALL the binkies in the house so you don't cave in and give it back. hth's!

Answer by HMFIC4 at 9:11 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• Sorry but I just have to laugh at the first answer? I was like, uh WHAT? Just do it cold turkey. They will get over it faster than if you prolong it. Crying over it is inevitable. good luck.

Answer by Blaines_wife at 9:17 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• we kept trimming it until there was no "chewy thing" and told her it was broken and she soon forgot about it.

Answer by Itspartytime at 9:20 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• tell them that they need to give them to another baby because babies use them. tell them they are a big boy/girl and don't need them anymore.

Answer by Ambreelulu at 9:34 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• I need ideas too everyone says cold turkey but my son is stubborn and he will cry for hours we have tried 2 times already its been torture. also WTF is up with the first answer LMAO hahahaha

Answer by jenntysmom at 9:43 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• I only let my twins have it in bed. If they wanted it in the middle of the day, they had to go to bed. Let me tell ya, laying in bed while everyone else is having fun doesn't hold well with a 2-3 year old. That way, its more their choice, and doesn't become a power struggle.

Answer by barrettboys at 9:47 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• Secretly poke a hole or cut the very tip off the end of all her binkies... keep offering them to her as usual. When she sucks on it, it will smoosh in her mouth & she most likely won't like how it feels. She might protest, but if ALL of them feel weird to her, she'll most likely decide to quit using them on her own. Good luck!

Answer by crazysocks830 at 9:55 PM on Jun. 24, 2008