pregnancy books

Im 11 weeks pregnant and looking to get cheap pregnancy books, with us having to pay for everything with the new baby thats coming and me paying college back i cant spend that much i barely have anything. If you have cheap pregnancy books for sell please let me know.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:54 AM on Nov. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I have three old ones and they will scare the mess out of you. One book will tell you one thing and so on. I have no clue as to who you are being anon... If you would like them contact me.
    goldielock37

Answer by goldielock37 at 5:55 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• I really liked " Baby laughs" by Jenny MCcarythy. That book was funny. I suggest trying to keep your readings light hearted. I dont think you should go reading something thats gonna sound scary. But baby laughs is funny and she also tells you about her delivery and stuff like that.
    I also know this great book called " The stay at home mothers guied" by Melissa Stanton
    You can find books really cheap on borders.com and they have a link to the borders thrift books. Its totally great. If i you want more info let me know. I probably miss spelled a bunch of stuff. Its early for me. The Stay at home guied is good even if your not a stay at home mother.
    MommyTurtle1985

Answer by MommyTurtle1985 at 7:22 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• Try ebay
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 7:47 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• Amazon has some really good ones at a discount rate.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 8:11 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• the library has pregnancy books and it wouldn't cost anything to check them out

Answer by missanc at 8:51 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• try a half price books store if you have those where you live or go to half.com they have books as low as $0.75
    mycheyl

Answer by mycheyl at 9:43 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• Not all pregnancy books are the same. Some like "Belly Laughs" have lots of misinformation. Just because a book is written by a MD doesn't make it good. Look at the lists of books recommended by the childbirth organizations, the doula organizations, and La Leche League. They have multiple people including professionals review the books on their lists.

If you go to La Leche League meetings they have a free lending library of books you probably can't get at your local library.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 9:50 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• Library!!
    I always get online and place a "hold" on the books I want... You can reserve lots!

I can suggest:
    Ina May's Guide To Childbirth (Gaskin)
    Gentle Birth Choices (Harper)
    Birthing From Within (England)

oh, I have lots of suggestions, lol! Just message me if I can help more! :-)
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 10:09 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• my library has some good ones. like it has shiela kirtzinger's pregnancy book. i bought the searses pregnancy book and simkin's pregnancy book on amazon.com for pretty cheap. :)

i'm reading birthing from within that doulala mentioned right now and i like that. i also read easing labor pain which i thought was good :) i bought both of those on amazon too

my hospital handed out excerpts from the womanly art of breastfeeding and what i got was so good but i wish i had read that book ahead of time, so i'm going to read it this time before my baby is due

congrats!
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 10:31 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• Try babycenter.com it's free to. It can answer every question you have...
    goldielock37

Answer by goldielock37 at 10:42 AM on Nov. 18, 2009