Has anyone asked who is this Government appointed task force?

You know the ones who say women in their 40's should not have the mammograms?

http://www.ahrq.gov/clinic/uspstfab.htm

What do they all have in common?

grlygrlz2

Asked by grlygrlz2 at 7:36 AM on Nov. 18, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• There doesn't appear to be single oncologist among them.

Is this how ObamaCare will manage the 53+ new agencies it is projected to bring with it's 'reform' package (based on the House Version)????  WHY WOULD ANYONE give more deicision making control to the Federal Government?

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 7:39 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• Beat me to it AGAIN Grly!!! I also wanted to know why there weren't any ONCOLOGISTS on this board!!!

I know the staunch ObamaCare supporters don't want to admit it, but this is the beginning of rationed care and denying treatments to the point where they will either be ineffective (advanced stage), or not done at all (having to wait to long), and dying as a result.

Anyone thinking there is any validity to this panels decision, should look at the survival rates for breast cancer in the US versus countries that already have "free" (national) healthcare!!!

But hey, at least people will have their "free" healthcare!!!

Mmmmm....mmmmm....mmmmm.....Barack Hussein Obama......
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:51 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• How can we blame something what was started in 1984 in our current President ?

I did not vote for him but this post is kind of reaching. How many days did you work in medical field OP?

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:55 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• Lorikeet

Please stop the hypocrisy! Are you saying people are not denied the care what they need now ? That people don't wait too long to go to doctor ????

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:59 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• I have known quite a few women who were diagnosed with breast cancer and all of them survived because it was caught early on.Most of them were under 50 too.

I knew a woman who was 32 yrs old and did not realize she had cancer down below..she died within 6 months there was nothing they could do ..it was sad watching her go from vibrant and healthy to appearing 80 yrs old before she passed.

That is scary NO Oncologists..yeah I trust that
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 8:11 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• How can we blame something what was started in 1984 in our current President ? I did not vote for him but this post is kind of reaching. How many days did you work in medical field OP?

LOL, who is blaming Obama for this?  I am questioning ADDING more government agencies to an already overbearing system. I volunteer/contribute to the Cancer Society enough to know I believe THEM over a government agency.  But the Cancer Society isn't going to have a "voice' in how the government manages a program like ObamaCare.

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 8:11 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• How many days did you work in medical field OP?

None but through self exam I felt a lump in my very large breasts. In larger breasted women it is harder to feel lumps until they are much bigger without doing self exams. It was cancer a mammogram gave us more info on it and I opted for a mastectomy. I had radiation as well.

My sister at 41 had a routine mammogram and three cancerous tumors were found. She has lumpy breasts so self exams don't help her but a mammogram did this was before my cancer was detected so there were no risk factors for her yet. She would be dead if not for that routine mammogram. Don't need to be a doctor to know the reccomendations are ridiculous. People can say well you can still get them. If insurers decide to follow the recommendations many women may find they cannot get them and mammograms are expensive. We are going backwards on this and I find that very pathetic.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:10 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• I believe everyone will do what they think is best for themselves. I also don't thinkanyone ever expected "Free health care", just affordable health care ...which is rare nowdays. The bank where I worked for many years has gone from "Free medical" for a single person in the 1960's to about a thousand for a family NOW. SO---what else do you want to say, negatively, about guidelines and health care to upset everyone?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:56 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

And how many days did you?

Ugghhhhhhhhhh.

Seriously.

Dumbfrigg.

mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 10:01 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• We are poor and are able to afford healthcare by being smart. We carefully look at the benefits offered and choose wisely. Then, we set aside money in our fsa to pay for co pays. Now, I don't have a shiny new computer or a closet full of designer clothes. But my kids have healthcare.
    *****
    I don't want these people in charge of our health care. All the stories of waste, corruption, etc. We should not mix politics and medical care.
    *********
    Are Obama, pelosi, and the rabid congress going to take personal responsibility for any lives lost from shortages? Are they going to enter the same system that they are thrusting us into? No? Then NO! We don't have to take what they offer us. We aren't their kids! They need to make us a plan that is SO GOOD, they will put themselves in it.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 1:31 PM on Nov. 18, 2009