What is going on with my daughter?

She is usually outgoing & talks to everybody. All of a sudden she doesn't want to go in the gym nursery in which she use to love. And in the mornings, she comes in my room & wakes me up & she usually goes into the living room & plays or watches TV until I get done brushing my teeth etc. This morning she cried & said she didn't want to go to the living room without me. She is almost 4.What is going on?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:45 AM on Nov. 18, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I'm not sure what is going on. I would try to talk with her. Ask her if everything is okay and try not to push to much. Let her lead the conversation and if she tells you something bad happened just listen.

Maybe she got scared over something or maybe the kids at school are talking about something that scared her.

I think the best way is to try and talk to her and just listen.
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 7:51 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• i agree with cornflake...sounds like someone may have scared her just ask her if she is scared of something and whats wrong and hopefully she will tell you about it but don't demand it from her
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:07 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• Something could have happened to her, but I just wanted to say that my 4yo ds is doing something similair. I can be 99.9% sure nothing has happened to him- we homeschool and I'm a SAHM, and the only people he's ever left with are aunts and grandparents, and one of his friend's mom's (but she's got 4 little boys, she watches them well, and he's not having any issue's goign there, so it doesn't worry me). He's been freaking out about going with both of his grandmas- who spoil him rotten. I'm convinced its just a renewal of seperation anxiety- he's so much bigger now and experiences things on his own, and mommy tells him that some things are very dangerous and talks about strangers and that sort of thing- so I think he's just recoiling a bit as he's processing big kid worries.
    IrishMommaC

Answer by IrishMommaC at 8:11 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• My 4 yr old is very explainitay when she needs to be , I'd take her in the room and ask her if something scared her in there, and what?As long as she knows she is safe with you she should tell you.Other wise depending on time, let it go'.
    Stefono

Answer by Stefono at 10:32 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• My daughter is going to be 4 years old in 2 weeks and she has been acting the same way. She used to get up and go into the living room and play all by herself, she was so independent.. Now she wakes and and starts screaming and crying for myself or my husband, as if she is unsure about herself? I don't understand it but honestly I think that it's just a phase? I sure hope so anyhow! She also used to LOVE going to head start, now she doesn't want to go anymore. But i'm sure this too will pass!
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 2:25 PM on Nov. 18, 2009