How many gallons of "milk" does your family consume in a week (7 days)?

"milk" includes cows milk, organic milk, goats milk, buffalo milk, soy milk, rice milk, almond milk, and hemp milk and any other milk-like thing I haven't heard of.. Anything like milk or that replaces milk in recipes (smoothies, baked goods, eaten with cereal, etc...)

AmandaI1021

Asked by AmandaI1021 at 8:02 AM on Nov. 18, 2009 in Food & Drink

• We drink organic 2% cows milk and can easily drink/consume 2 1/2 gallons every 7 days. I use it in recipes and I like to drink chocolate milk. My children aren't home wiht us for 2 1/2 days a week and don't even drink that much milk to begin with (probably at most a cup most days). Mostly I drink it.
    AmandaI1021

Answer by AmandaI1021 at 8:04 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• We buy half gallons, though they usually go bad before we finish them. We don't drink milk, don't eat much cereal, I make oatmeal or pancakes or waffles on the weekends, we don't use milk for much else.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:05 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• I have a family of 7 and we go through 2, sometimes 3 gallons a week. We mostly use it for cereal and baking/cooking.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 8:10 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• Wow Ok must be just us. When we had 4 boys in house it was at least 8 sometimes ten. Now with three it's 6-8.
    oldermomof5

Answer by oldermomof5 at 8:16 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• Family of three, we go through at least 2 gallons a week.
    KlousMomi

Answer by KlousMomi at 8:19 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• There are 3 of us, and we use 3 gallons a week. There will be 5 of us soon, and it will probably be 6-7 a week.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 8:26 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• oldermomof5, my SO said that when he was young, like middle school age, that he used to drink at least a half a gallon a day just him. So for one boy that is at least 3 gallons of milk a week and he had a family of 5 so that's at least 2 more gallons. That's 5 gallons at least a week. So it's understandable.
    I think it really depends on if you drink it as a beverage. Then you go through twice as much. lol
    AmandaI1021

Answer by AmandaI1021 at 8:29 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• tropicalmama, is it safe to say that someone is preggers with twins? :D
    AmandaI1021

• or adopting twins?
    AmandaI1021

• We have 6 people in my house and we go through 2 or 3 gallons a week. I get nowhere near as much as I need on WIC.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:31 AM on Nov. 18, 2009