What's wrong with me?

I had been having a hard time since my divorce, and my last relationship ended badly. This really nice guy asked me out, and I just totally blew him off! I know he was into me because he called when he said he was going to call, and he called often. I think maybe I'm just afraid to start something else right now because once bitten twice shy, but I don't want to push every nice man away because two men turned out to be jerks. I don't want to be "bitter girl" lol, how can I move past this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:48 AM on Nov. 18, 2009 in Relationships

• Take your time, men are not going anywhere. Good luck
    Theone3608

Answer by Theone3608 at 9:02 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• Remember that each one is not your ex! Don't compare!
    My3RaysofSun

Answer by My3RaysofSun at 9:06 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• let me know when you find out!!!
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 9:07 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• Take some time to be alone. It take time to be ready for a relationship.

Answer by louise2 at 9:08 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• with my husband i was really awful to him..i had gotten out of a bad relationship and my husband chased me for months. We would go on dinner dates and stuff and i wouldnt even kiss him..i would give him a hug goodnight or tell him thank you. He would always try to kiss me and i would tell him sorry but i like him but it was too soon for me. One weekend we went on a trip to Helen and we were about 4 months into our dating..i'm sure i had kissed him but that was all...but i was in the jacuzzi bathtub taking a bath and he comes in stark naked and climbs in and i jumped out so fast! I wanted him but i just wanted to make sure that he was going to stick around and didnt want me for sex..and after that weekend..when he called me after being rejected i knew that he really cared and that he was the one.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:13 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• It's difficult enough being a single mom. You don't have to get involved with men until you are ready.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 9:37 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• If this guy really likes you and you may find him likeable then plan things every once in a while. Get to really know him and he know you. You do not have to commit to anything. If it works out and he waits patiently and is a nice guy then go from there... that is how I got my knight in shining armor. He waited so patiently and was so caring and it was perfect! I came out of a 16 year marriage that was awful. I had time alone which was also good. Take your time and listen to your heart! Good Luck!
    JLynn0871

Answer by JLynn0871 at 9:37 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• I think you may need time to heal. My understanding divorce is not an easy thing just to get over. Get to know yourself again.
    MissV.

Answer by MissV. at 9:55 AM on Nov. 18, 2009