potty training?

my 2 year old was completely potty trained for 5 months.. she didnt have any accidents at all in that 5 month period.. but just recently she has been goin to the bathroom and standin in front of the toilet and goin pee in her pants.. i just dont understand it.. anyone got any advice on this??

merciesmommy

Asked by merciesmommy at 9:11 AM on Nov. 18, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Couple things that worked for us... having her change herself when that happen...I did not get mad but did make her do that icky wetness on her own~! and if sometimes letting her be wet for a few...yep its not a good feeling to be cold and wet... With my son I remember that all the sticker and praise did NOTHNIG and what ended up working was if he pooped (that was our big issue) i n his pants I started taking things away...favorite toys, movie times, passies (that was my fav and it got him broke of another terrible habit) and when it came down to if he did it again he would loose his favorite blankie...he was CURED and never had another accident EVER!!!
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 9:40 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• Don't go backwards.

Continue to encourage her, by using stickers Or some kind of reward system.

If you can help her along, by reminding her, sometimes they have little wiggles or stand certain ways.

Sometimes this is normal. She might be going too late, sometimes kids get so involved in what there doing that they don't make it too the potty.

Speak to the pediatrician if it continues, but I think it is normal.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 9:41 AM on Nov. 18, 2009